PDA

View Full Version : One Question

LethalNiMiTz
04-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Hello all as most of you i love old EQ but when i heard about this site and how it brings back the old EQ experience i signed up and before i do anything i wanna know does this give you viruses? cause if a game is free over the internet i tend to be a lil suspicous thanks

trevius
04-07-2008, 07:46 PM
HAHAHA, no! If it did, you would see tons of warning posts here about it and you most likely wouldn't see 87K+ members for this forum. You are 100% safe, accept from the Orcs that are sure to be looking at you funny very shortly!

TheLieka
04-07-2008, 08:01 PM
I heard that Mattmeck bites - he might have a virus... or "cold sore"... but other than that, I don't think there's any probability of catching a virus from this project.

Dax

mattmeck
04-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Eh im clean, my dentist had me pull my pants down so he could check! worry about scorpious2k tho, he is on wife # 6!

ChaosSlayer
04-07-2008, 08:48 PM
WTS Lots of Poison and Disease Resist gear! Send tells!

PS. Curing Most diseases behind PoK bank for donations!

Scorpious2k
04-07-2008, 09:25 PM
mattmeck: I am only looking for wife number 4. Don't rush me.

LethalNiMiTz
04-08-2008, 12:56 AM
lol how do i install it ive been trying for a while cant figure it out

mattmeck
04-08-2008, 01:07 AM
www.eqemulator.net

Click on wiki

then click on play guide.

LethalNiMiTz
04-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Invalid FAQ Item specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator im getting this message

LethalNiMiTz
04-08-2008, 01:17 AM
sorry being stupid clicked wrong thing

LethalNiMiTz
04-08-2008, 01:48 AM
now im trying to get the host to work "cannot create the G:\EverQuest\eqhost.txt file, make sure path and file name are correct"

mattmeck
04-08-2008, 01:57 AM
easier way

go to your EQ folder, find the eqgame.exe ... right click on it, send to desktop (create shortcut) .... now go to your desktop and right click on the eqgame.exe shortcut .... in the path section go to the end hit enter once then type patchme .. click save then double click it to run it.

LethalNiMiTz
04-08-2008, 02:07 AM
wheres the path section? (im using vitsa so....) i only have proporties window

mattmeck
04-08-2008, 03:15 AM
eh vista, im not sure what to tell ya, others have posted issues with getting eqemu to work on it, may check for those threads.

billiameo
04-08-2008, 06:14 AM
Awesome picture!

So_1337
04-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Under Vista: Right click the shortcut Matt had you make, go to Properties, and then make sure the Target box reads:"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
Just copy and paste from that code box if you need to.

LethalNiMiTz
04-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Under Vista: Right click the shortcut Matt had you make, go to Properties, and then make sure the Target box reads:"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
Just copy and paste from that code box if you need to.
lol sorry to say it again (dont mean to cause this much trouble lol) but it says the same thing "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme file couldnt be made (path and name make sure they are correct"

So_1337
04-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Go to your EverQuest folder.

Find the eqgame.exe file.

Right click it, choose 'Copy'.

Go to your desktop and right click; choose 'Paste Shortcut'.

Right click the icon that was just created, and go to Properties.

Find the target field, and paste in what I had above.

LethalNiMiTz
04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Go to your EverQuest folder.

Find the eqgame.exe file.

Right click it, choose 'Copy'.

Go to your desktop and right click; choose 'Paste Shortcut'.

Right click the icon that was just created, and go to Properties.

Find the target field, and paste in what I had above.

Find the eqgame.exe file. Done

Right click it, choose 'Copy'. Done

Go to your desktop and right click; choose 'Paste Shortcut'. Done

Right click the icon that was just created, and go to Properties. Done

Find the target field, and paste in what I had above Done
Result = "The name "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme specified in the target box is not valid.Make sure path name and file name are correct"

Secrets
04-08-2008, 02:21 PM
If you really can't figure it out... I made a shortcut for you.

Right click save (I don't know if it'll work without you making it, but eh, worth a shot.)

Click (http://theedgeserver.com/eqgame.exe.lnk)

And if you get errors after that, use Windows Explorer (Start menu, Computer) and find your EverQuest directory that way. It may not be in the location we said it is.

LethalNiMiTz
04-08-2008, 02:58 PM
lol never mind i cant figure this out i might as well resubscribe to eq and go on a progression server would be much easier

So_1337
04-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Earlier in the thread, you showed G as your local disk. Is that where you installed EverQuest to? If so, then you just need to amend the target box as such:

"G:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Don't give up yet, we'll work with you here :)

Andrew80k
04-08-2008, 03:15 PM
What's the path to you EQ directory and are you using Titanium unpatched?

So_1337
04-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Just checked it myself (also under Vista); the error you're reporting occurs if I change that path to the G drive (which I don't have) instead of the C drive (which is where it is).

So just do the above and you should have it.

LethalNiMiTz
04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
ok well my Everquest directory is on an external hardrive i installed it on a copmuter (thats now 7 years old and barely runs) so i moved it to the harddrive and kept it there so thats why its under G and to andrews question i think i got on EQ once only to the login screen though

trevius
04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
If you made it to the login screen for live, you probably patched at least some files. You need to have a completely unpatched installation of EQ Titanium for it to work with the emu.

If you create a shortcut to your desktop to your eqgame.exe, you can right click on it and go to properties. Then all you have to do is add patchme at the end of the "Target:" line outside of the quotes.

LethalNiMiTz
04-09-2008, 12:16 AM
If you made it to the login screen for live, you probably patched at least some files. You need to have a completely unpatched installation of EQ Titanium for it to work with the emu.

If you create a shortcut to your desktop to your eqgame.exe, you can right click on it and go to properties. Then all you have to do is add patchme at the end of the "Target:" line outside of the quotes.
ok i did this and for once it accepted it now what?

trevius
04-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Now you log in?

LethalNiMiTz
04-09-2008, 05:47 PM
well i mean do i download the EQEMU and extract the files and then try and launch eq from there?

trevius
04-09-2008, 06:06 PM
No, just double click your shortcut. As long as you created an account on these forums to login with and you setup your eqhost.txt file, you should be able to play just fine.

LethalNiMiTz
04-09-2008, 06:18 PM
well when i stat up the shortcut it goes to SOE's server not the emu's and i do have the host file the way it should be

Andrew80k
04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Did you already do a partial patch to SoE by getting the Launchpad and all that?

trevius
04-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Ya, double check your host file. It gets overwritten with the SOE one when you start the patch. You may wind up needing to reinstall titanium anyway lol.

LethalNiMiTz
04-09-2008, 09:54 PM
i feared that because for some reason the only disc that is missing is the 1st disc i have every other one =\