PDA

View Full Version : Making buff bots

Manix25
04-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Can someone explain to me how to add buff bots to my server.Iv searched and cant seem to find the info.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also,if someone wouldnt mind.People couldnt log into my server and I have made some changes.Could someone try to see if they could log on succesfully?My server name is New Tribunal Order.Again,thanks for any help.

corvanus
04-10-2008, 11:18 AM
well I dont use bots for buffing actually i jsut make a normal npc spawn using the #spawn #npcspawn create and #npcspawn add commands then make a quest in the zone folder under the quests directory an example is

sub EVENT_SAY{
if ($text=~/hail/i){
quest::say("Hello. If you wish i can cast a [buff] upon you");
}
elsif ($text=~/buff/i){
quest::say("Very well ......... there you have been buffed.");
quest::selfcast(spellidnumberhere);
}
}

Aramid
04-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Can someone explain to me how to add buff bots to my server.Iv searched and cant seem to find the info.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also,if someone wouldnt mind.People couldnt log into my server and I have made some changes.Could someone try to see if they could log on succesfully?My server name is New Tribunal Order.Again,thanks for any help.

Look thru this thread

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23168&highlight=Buff+bots

Manix25
04-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Thank you Corvanus.That was what I needed.Got my buff bots up and running.Now I would imagine at this point in the script quest::selfcast(spellidnumberhere) I could put a commonad that would scribe spells and set skills.What would those commands be?
One other thing I'm having trouble find,how do I turn off #zone for everyone that logs into my server.Cant find under any tables or variables.Thanks for any input.

Andrew80k
04-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Try here (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=QuestTutorial). This should get you whatever you need.

Aramid
04-20-2008, 07:21 PM
One other thing I'm having trouble find,how do I turn off #zone for everyone that logs into my server.Cant find under any tables or variables.Thanks for any input.

What is the Status in your eqemu_config.xml file set to? The code in command.cpp shows the zone command being available at 50.

Manix25
04-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks Aramid,found what I was looking for.Spellscriber and skillsetter all set up,great!

I looked in my eqemu_config.xml file but I dont understand what Im looking for,code in "command.ccp".I didnt see anything like that.What should I be looking for?

trevius
04-20-2008, 09:52 PM
I believe he means the section below. Note it is set to 0 by default in the full config file:

<zones>
<defaultstatus>0</defaultstatus>
<!-- Sets port range for world to use to auto configure zones -->
<ports low="7000" high="7249"/>
</zones>

Manix25
04-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Ah I see now.What value should I set it to so regular joes logging on will not have access to #zone.

Aramid
04-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Ah I see now.What value should I set it to so regular joes logging on will not have access to #zone.

0 for just regular users. What is yours set to now?

The accounts that are already setup you will have to change in your DB as well.

Manix25
04-21-2008, 05:01 AM
Thanks for all the help guys.Mine was set at 20.Not sure how it got like that.Think that clears up everything,thanks again.