PDA

View Full Version : Random Loot Servers

Sorce
04-13-2008, 01:19 AM
I have played on quite a few servers, some longer than others, but have always given each their own chance at grabbing my interest. I will never say a server is no good, be it for one reason or another, simply for the fact it takes the know how to even build one. I give credit to everyone here that puts in their free time so others can have fun.

That being said, the day I started playing on Fridgecritter's server was when I found what type of server is most fun for my taste. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack of random loot type servers. Blood Rage was up for a little while, but haven't seen it on the list lately. I guess my question would be, is that type of server a difficult one to create and run? Also, is this something that has been tried in the past and failed in the long run?

Thanks in advance

Valcrist
04-13-2008, 01:35 AM
Well, I dislike the whole random loot feature or else , if I liked it, I would of used it on my own server... it just depends if the server owner likes it or doesn't so that all depends on how many servers are put-up with that feature into their server.. I doubt it is any harder than just adding regular loot since it is all dependent on level etc.

ChaosSlayer
04-13-2008, 01:44 AM
as Valcrist stated - this is up to server owner personal preferences.

personaly I have a very strict system how all loot is organized based on specific mob types and ranks - random loot just not gona work for me.

But I thougth we had at least one random loot server around here - I just can't recall the name...

ansley
04-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Jest3 is random loot..well kinda...more like tier random loot. But theres alot of zones to explore and plenty of loot hidden on random trash and such.

Manix25
04-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Iv been trying to get my random loot server going,but no matter what I do with my router settings,it simply will not let others connect.Iv pretty much run out of things to try to get it working and I think Im defeated and have given up.I think random loot servers are wicked fun.You never know what the next kill will get you and it keeps it fresh and exciting.And although the loot is "randomized",it will drop in the same zone all the time,so you still have incentive to get yourself to a zone once its known what drops there.Im telling ya,if someone got another serious random loot server up and running smoothly,it would take only a short time for it to be quite a popular server.I know its not for everybody,but lots of people enjoy it and find it appealling.Someone please get another up and running.

Sorce
04-13-2008, 02:40 PM
I have tried logging into the Jest3 server, but keep falling to my death as soon as my character enters. I have downloaded all of the files required from the website, spent numerous hours researching on these boards and others trying to find a fix. I seem to recall having to modify the tutorial zone files to play on S2K (or atleast to be able to zone into his tutorialb). Anyone have any ideas? I'm sure it is something terribly simple, so please be gentle.

darkpheonix
04-14-2008, 12:57 AM
jest is hardly a random loot server anyway, its a tier loot server, you will need a full group to get the decent stuff....and dont include a monk cause keelyeh hates them

Manix25
04-14-2008, 11:07 AM
I think I have worked out the connection problem.Feel free to try logging in.Server name is New Tribunal Order.If you are unsuccesful logging in,please send me a message or post here.

Sorce
04-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Manix25...

I haven't seen your server on the list. Are you still working on it, or are you throwing in the towel? I would gladly give it a go.

Manix25
04-16-2008, 07:05 AM
I am throwing in the towel.Followed directions to a T from portforward.com,even turned on DMZ,which supposedly opens all ports on your router,and still noone can connect.Iv exhausted every possible action I could take to get this thing working.Still hoping someone opens up one of these servers though.

Sorce
04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Wel, not sure who put Blood Rage on the list, but it was there for about 3 days, that I know of. Seemed to be running fine, withthe exception of some lag. Maybe we will get lucky soon, or I may have to dive in and give the server thing a try myself.