PDA

View Full Version : I made a (VIDEO of what went wrong)

Producer
05-14-2008, 10:00 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LIYoum0es7E <--- please copy paste its a 2:00 minute video of what happend

If you can help please let me know

trevius
05-14-2008, 10:26 PM
LMFAO! I literally laughed when I saw that! ..alot

I have to watch it again... I was laughing too hard to pay attention to the problem.

Producer
05-14-2008, 10:37 PM
hahaha :) ...

help

trevius
05-14-2008, 10:38 PM
If you can post the log of your server starting, that might help. There is a good chance that one of your databases got corrupted when the power went out. It happens alot on Linux servers for sure.

If that is the case, you should download Navicat Lite (search for it in google) and get the free (lite) version, NOT the 30 day free trial one. Then configure it to work with your database, which is easy to setup. Then, get to the view that shows all of your tables in it. Next, hold CTRL and click and drag to select all of the tables. Then, you right click on the selected tables and go to "Maintenance" and then do the Extended Check/Repair or whatever it is called. That will report if there were any tables that needed to be corrected. Then try starting your server up again and see what happens. You might also want to do a full backup of your database, which you can do by right clicking on the name of your database in the left column of Navicat and selecting "Dump Mysql" or whatever it is called (NOT delete). That will prompt you to name the file you want to save it as and then you click ok and it will backup your entire database. This way, if you ever have problems in the future, you can just source that file and it will recover your entire database from the point you created that file.

I would recommend doing a backup at least 1 time per week, if not more. Also, you should store the backup files in 2 separate drives incase one of them fails for any reason. You do NOT want to lose those files.

Producer
05-14-2008, 10:39 PM
glad you laughed

Producer
05-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeahhh ,

See is there a retard version because im not swoft on configuring shit :( duly noted i`m sure

erik_llewellyn
05-15-2008, 06:45 AM
If you lost power in the middle of running things, it is totally possible that any data that was active could have been corrupted. I suggest you try and backup your database (even if it is corrupted) and then reinstall the database from scratch to see if that fixes things. If it does, restore your old database under a different name, ex: peqold, then pull out the tables for your user accounts, characters, bots if you had any, and server rules.

You may also wish to reinstall the client since it doesn't take much configuring/setup, but could save you a lot of headaches later if it has corrupt files as well.

Producer
05-15-2008, 12:53 PM
by saving a back up what do you mean ... like just keep my eqemu config shit ??

or what