PDA

View Full Version : If it weren't for bad luck...

Scorpious2k
05-22-2008, 01:28 PM
You've probably heard the old saying, "if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!"

That has been my luck lately with my computer.

When my motherboard died a few months ago, I merged my hard drives and other hardware with my daughter's computer. This created and interesting frankenstein computer on which I managed to be able to continue working (when not giving it up to share with her)

Then it crashed. I patched it together as well as I could. We limped along.

Last weekend, it crashed again. I finally have it patched with duct tape, paper clips, rubber bands, and a bit of superglue :D

I'm not sure how much longer it will last.

So I have decided to appeal to the community. If you have some spare parts laying around, some extra cash, memory, anything useful... would you consider donating it to the cause of keeping me online and active on EQEmu and our server?

If so, please PM me with any parts you are willing to send. I will give you an address you can send it to.

For any donations of money, of any amount, no matter how small, you may use our paypal account on our website ( http://scorpious2k.info )

And for the rest who have nothing to offer but friendship, good wishes and moral support, I very much appreciate that too.

So_1337
05-22-2008, 04:53 PM
IDE or SATA?

Angelox
05-22-2008, 07:26 PM
I got a lot of stuff laying around - sent you a PM, need to know what you got.

Scorpious2k
05-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Given the questions I have gotten in PM, here is the answer:

What do I need? Everything!

Starting with nothing, basically. I have the hard drive I am using. Another one or 2 would help. But otherwise I need motherboard, cpu, fan(s), memory, case, power supply, etc etc.

Everything.

GeorgeS
05-22-2008, 10:41 PM
I have a Athlon XP MB and CPU (~1.8ghz) with 1gig ram ready to be shipped. I'll donate but you need to cover shipping.

Perhaps a DVD/CDrom as well

GeorgeS

Richardo
05-23-2008, 04:00 PM
GeorgeS: Just chip up a little cash for him!

Scorpious2k
05-24-2008, 01:46 PM
GeorgeS: Just chip up a little cash for him!

Not a totally bad idea. I don't mean for GeorgeS to pay it, but maybe someone else?

Richardo
05-25-2008, 12:50 AM
What're the shipping costs?

GeorgeS
05-25-2008, 02:20 AM
PM me with the shipping address and I'll calculate the shipping via USPS or UPS.
It will be coming from Norcal.

GeorgeS

Scorpious2k
05-28-2008, 06:00 AM
*Listens to the silence and thinks he hears crickets chirping*

Scorpious2k
05-28-2008, 01:43 PM
What're the shipping costs?

He says $12.

GeorgeS
05-28-2008, 09:48 PM
If I remember correctly the package I rounded up has
Nvidia Gforce 4 video card and ATI mid range card
2 mother boards from several years ago with AMD 1.3 - ~1.8Ghz chips (3)
1 AMD CPU cooler
driver disks et. al.

I have soooo many computers it makes my head spin. Need a 286 CPU 12mhz computer?

Anyway, let me know if I should ship.

GeorgeS

erik_llewellyn
05-28-2008, 11:01 PM
oooo...286 you say? Does that have the math co-processor as well? Makes me remember the old days of Wolfenstien3D, Doom, XCOM. Any one else remember when you had to have programs run within 640K of "Conventional" memory?

btw, you have an asking price for it? :cool:

John Adams
05-30-2008, 03:41 PM
No offense to Scorpious whatsoever, but I have never understood how anyone can get into a project like this and not have the funds to support it. Maybe I just have a really good job. :)

Good luck to ya. I'd offer to host your server, but I doubt that's what you're looking for.

Scorpious2k
05-30-2008, 04:27 PM
No offense to Scorpious whatsoever, but I have never understood how anyone can get into a project like this and not have the funds to support it.

No offense taken. My hours have been cut back, money is tight and computers have decided to get wanky all at the same time.

Which is unfortunate, since with me working fewer hours I have more TIME to work on the project. Ironic that the computers have problems at the same time.

quadroplex
06-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Next time try reading the post before you derail a topic...*shakes head at the immaturity*

Scorp sorry to hear about this especiallyt since all the other devs seem to have flown the coup. if theres anythingI can do let me know, I am pretty well broke atm But ill help you and the project anyway i can