PDA

View Full Version : servers with gm commands for everyone...

SourCelery
06-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi guys. I was just wondering which servers gave players the #summonitem and/or #castspell commands. I've bounced around alot of servers' sites, but some are so vague about what's allowed, or give no info whatsoever about their server. The only two I know of so far are Andmetal's(a work in progress) and Krusher's servers. I'm sure there are more, but the info is tough to come by without asking the players themselves.

Thanks in advance,
SourCelery

ansley
06-02-2008, 02:52 PM
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24875&highlight=server+description

I think the freedom server went down. Other then that the servers listed are really well done possibly, the best examples of the types of servers they represent. As in Legit and Semi-Legit or Custom or GM command with search and summon items.

trevius
06-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I was thinking about it the other day and I really miss the way that almost all servers used to specify the type of server they were in the server name. I do it in mine because I think it helps people decide whether my server is the one for them or not. These days it seems like more servers try to see who can get the most !s or ]s in their name to get higher on the list instead of trying to actually be descriptive.

Mine is named:
Storm Haven (Custom-Legit) [stormhavenserver.com]

And that is how it shows up on the server list. IMO, it would be nice and helpful to the player-base if more servers named their servers with a similar format as long as it didn't get too long to all show up on the list.

Here is the format:
Server Name (Server-Type) [www.website.com]

Some of the possible server types are:

Legit - A server that tries to mimic live as closely as possible
Non-Legit - A server that allows players access almost all commands including #zone, #heal, #level, #si, etc etc
Semi-Legit - A server that only allows players access to some commands including #zone, and maybe #level or a few others
Custom-Legit - A fully legit server (no special commands) that has custom content that differs from EQLive
PVP - A Player vs Player server
Custom-PVP - A Player vs Player server with custom content
Classic - A server that tries to mimic classic eq as close as possible. This can also include some of the early expansions, but normally no later than Velious.
Custom-Classic - A classic server with just a few changes to give it a slightly updated feel or maybe just a few differences from the classic EQLive experience

Good thing I saw this, because I switched to a new website a couple of weeks ago and forgot to change my server name to reflect that! It is corrected now, lol.

quadroplex
06-03-2008, 04:35 PM
personally i dont understand why people need to cheat anyway takes the fun out of it if you summon the best raid gear you can find you just walk through the game... Whats the point? hell I dont even use the gm commands on my own server and its My server. I wish more people would just put up legit servers so people will actually PLAY the game without cheating... IMO if someone wants to cheat they should setup their own server and do it there.

SourCelery
06-04-2008, 08:49 AM
One of my favorite things to do on the live servers is to create alts and twink them, to the tune of over 45 alts on 3 different servers. I'm interested in these servers because I want to outfit them in twink gear and level them from 1 to 70. Not get the best raid gear and use #level. But hey Quadro, feel free to tell everyone how they should play the game, because clearly only YOUR way is right. Could you also tell me how to live my life?

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

CptLanier
11-18-2013, 12:23 AM
So not trying to needlessly resurrect an ancient thread but does anyone know of any of the EMU servers that allow for #summonitem? I'm just wanting to play twinks for nostalgic fun and level them up with the gear advantage ;)

I've played through the server list but perhaps i'm missing something? I didnt come across a single one which allowed it... is that the case now?!

Vexyl
11-18-2013, 03:06 PM
So not trying to needlessly resurrect an ancient thread but . . .

Yes, you were.

If you haven't found any servers on the list that have those commands available for regular players, then there probably aren't any. However, you could make your own server and do whatever you want on there;)

Kingly_Krab
11-18-2013, 04:29 PM
The server named 'MyEQsf [(emu-Nov17MercsAndBots:RoF quests-r1341 db-r69 maps-r50) Spells GMcommands Legit]' provides Gamemaster commands for you.