PDA

View Full Version : EQlive Free until July 25th!!

ansley
06-02-2008, 01:40 PM
http://livinglegacy.station.sony.com/

Looks fun I'm gonna give it a go. ^_^

xxarthurxx
06-02-2008, 01:49 PM
packet collects? :P

John Adams
06-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Are they really so close to death that the game needs to be Free?

So sad. I am inactive, so I'll test it out now. ;)

trevius
06-02-2008, 04:16 PM
LOL, I logged in just a month ago and it was free then too! Seems like they are doing this every other month now lol.

Gonner
06-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I plan to log into live just to get a few odd things caught up. Some quest text thats missing, Eastereggs, and such.

Tantalar
06-02-2008, 05:49 PM
eqlive is so bad that i'm not even going to log on for free

Cripp
06-03-2008, 11:53 AM
logged in yesterday and got 2 levels and 8 AAs :)

ding 60!

Astaldoath
06-03-2008, 02:40 PM
omg wonder if my 63 froglok paladin is still there

EvoZak
06-04-2008, 12:36 AM
omg wonder if my 63 froglok paladin is still there

As long as it wasn't on test I'd bet money it's still there.

Andrew80k
06-04-2008, 10:18 AM
As long as it wasn't on test I'd bet money it's still there.

It's probably still on Test if it was there. According to SOE, they were saying they would NEVER do a character wipe on Test. I think they wiped all the equipment like 5 years ago, maybe 6 now. When they merged the servers a few years back they did dump some lower level characters that hadn't been played for 6 months or a year. I think it was <=10.

eq4me
06-04-2008, 05:53 PM
I would be eternally grateful if someone could get the quest texts from "Red V Clockwork" in Steamfort. It's a newby Quest detailed here (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=14).

Angelox
06-04-2008, 07:09 PM
eq4me!
I see you never forgot your password again - check your PM :)

ansley
06-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Why I hate EQ.....Old weapon was http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=24738 I spent months flagging and raiding as a guild to get to the plane of time to get this weapon.

Walked into the bazaar today I bought a http://eq.magelo.com/item/101057 for 800plat.

Rathora
06-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Anyone on Tribunal? If you are look me up on Twiz so we can own stuff...

Also seems they upped the global drop rate according to them, I got a bunch of items in Blightfire today.... makes me excited to try out Mesa! Also grats on your level 60 and 8AA's :D

PS: Can also look me up on Nadera for some free Virtue... and if you need conviction or this "temerity".... I have my Water Sprinkler!

xxarthurxx
06-05-2008, 12:01 AM
logged in today as well and man was there a bunch of new crap. also went into the bazaar and upgraded half my gear with items there :/ shout around where a level 66 can get some exp... and guess what they tell me... bot... ya the same damn zone that i had to exp in almost 5 years ago, GG sony thumbs dowwwwn

Aonelyn
06-05-2008, 01:23 AM
I love how sony is giving us a month to remember why we quit live =P

Bulle
06-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Do we actually have a working packet collect tool for current Live ?

Cripp
06-05-2008, 02:22 AM
doesnt look like it... tried lookin around and tried a couple things no luck

AndMetal
06-05-2008, 03:33 AM
Do we actually have a working packet collect tool for current Live ?

Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/) (formerly Ethereal).

That is all.

Cripp
06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
if that link doesnt work... http://sourceforge.net/projects/wireshark/

janusd
06-06-2008, 03:34 PM
If someone could get on Al'Kabor, the Mac server, and get us the spawn info for PoM v.1, that'd be great and this would be the perfect time for it.

Rathora
06-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Yep. I am really remembering why I quit live. Why does everybody hate my non-epic 2.0 Cleric or non-epic 1.0 Monk? Ah well, EQemu and SoD for the win XD

Knightly
06-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I logged on for about 15 minutes...I got invited to three BoT groups (or one BoT group by three different members, I'm not sure). They were very nice and didn't even make fun of me when I told them that I had no clue what I was doing since I haven't played EQ in years.

I told them I was just on to see what changed and it would take me too long to make hotkeys and learn how to play again. And I should probably do that in CB and not BoT.

Anyway, I can say that one thing hasn't changed...the RNG still hates me. I /claimed the items and got 3 bracers...

Elephantfood
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
"I /claimed the items and got 3 bracers..."

Apparently they are fixing that today, changes will be live in 15 mins. And by 15 mins I mean 3 hours because Sony runs on a very different clock than the rest of the universe.

fault
07-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/) (formerly Ethereal).

That is all.

So if we were to use this and go running around zones doing odd things eqemu could potentially be updated for newer content?

Packetcollector was ftw

trevius
07-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Well, as long as you saved the logs, it couldn't hurt... But, we would still need some way to convert the packet information and opcodes so we can actually use them. The packet encryption key would need to be found for live, and then we would need something that uses that key and decrypts the packets and then puts them into a format that can be easily read to pull the data we need out and leave all of the junk filler that we don't.

But, trying to catch up to live is a pain. Since, every time a new patch comes out, we would have to find all of the opcodes again. Unless someone can write a program that finds all of the opcodes automatically and could update the .conf files quickly, it is very unlikely that we would "chase" live updates. They are just too frequent.

It would be a much better option to use a full package like Anniversary, but we are missing many of the opcodes needed to get it running properly. And we don't have the packet collects needed to get them and have no way to do packet collects on it now. There may be other ways to get the opcodes, but they certainly aren't as easy.

What we need is for EQ to release another all inclusive pack, but I don't see that happening any time soon. It is already hard to find EQ on the shelf of any store that sells PC games. It seems like they are moving more towards only doing digital downloads and stopping the release of actual in store boxes. And, the digital downloads won't do, because they automatically patch to live.

The one thing I was kinda curious about is the Trial for EQ Trilogy free download. That is a packaged download zip file, so it doesn't need to be patched to work. I am wondering if the version of the eqgame.exe included in that is from around the time that anniversary came out. If so, it might be possible to use the Trilogy download as the main client for the emu. Then, if the eqgame.exe is an updated one, you would probably get most of the latest features with it. It should be able to run most of the latest zones I think. If that is the case, then you could copy the EQ directory from the Trilogy download setup and then use the second copy of it to patch to live. Then, pull all of the zone files from the live directory and put them in your Trilogy folder and we should have a free, current version of EQ that doesn't require anything illegal to get it and never needs to be patched so the same version could be attained by all. Still, all of the opcodes would need to be found though, lol. This is just an idea for an updated version of the emu that anyone can get. The free part is just a bonus. Doubt this would ever happen, but just thinking aloud here...

Deimos
07-15-2008, 10:51 PM
It's nice to see that EverQuest Emulator is still around ^_^.

Well, I would imagine that at one point the only way they could get people to play EverQuest is if they made it free. It's such an outdated game right now and it rates up with all the f2p games at the moment.

They still have subscriptions with people so they can't very well shut it down. At this point I just think that it's heading towards a free to play game.

Way to go Sony ^_^

EverQuest 2 doesn't sound like it might be doing so hot either. WoW is pummeling it down. Actually, a lot of the sony games aren't doing too well.. ;o

Jonathan5
07-15-2008, 11:12 PM
The sad thing is that if Live eventually did go free, I don't think I'd play anyways. It's not what it use to be.

Deimos
07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Well, I decided to get a 2 year subscription...

Cost- $194.95 or something

Discount- The entire cost...

Well, guess I got 2 years for free... along with all the expansion packs for free.. go me.

Jonathan5
07-17-2008, 01:07 PM
How or where did you get a discount?

alphatau
07-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Actually, there is a recent 'all inclusive' boxed pack like Anniversary or Titanium. I was able to buy a box that went up to Secrets of Faydwer at my local Best Buy a few months ago, but it's available at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EverQuest-Secrets-of-Faydwer/dp/B000WCUNNK) too. It would be a lot of work to include the new expansions and the benefits of the work, to me at least, might be kind of iffy.

nosfentora
07-18-2008, 11:37 AM
I just went on soe and started the purchase of a 2 year subscription.
$199.95 for 24 months.
Gave a discount of -$199.95
total purchase $0.00

BUT it said:
"Next charge of $199.95 occurs on 7/25/08 (plus applicable taxes)"

I'm guessing that means that it's free until the 25th and then we pay... Deimos may not have gotten the free 2 years after all.

Ishikawa
07-23-2008, 08:51 PM
would be interesting to go see my old characters. i have not played them in several years. all the characters i put any effort into are on Test Server tho, and i believe Omens of War was coming out when i quit playing.

Cripp
07-24-2008, 12:06 AM
you only have about 1 or 2 more days... better hurry :D (for the free thing)