PDA

View Full Version : I is going bald

xxarthurxx
06-15-2008, 02:35 AM
Hey, im pulling my hairs out trying to get this linux server running... ive got linux working mysql working and the database sourced... im trying to figure out how to get the start stop scripts to work... i think ive made them correctly just used the code from the various guides ect and saved them in a text file. then when trying to run them in the terminal it tells me permission is denied, no clue what im doing wrong.

On a side note i installed navicat for linux... and when i try to boot it up it does nothing... lost on this issue as well, please help :/

xxarthurxx
06-15-2008, 02:59 AM
i think i have figured out at least part of this... for i added executable privileges to my scrips and they seem to be working but looks like i need to move them into the right spot.

still cant get the navicat issue worked out and theres like no info on the entire internet :/

xxarthurxx
06-15-2008, 03:12 AM
update on this my start script is running and everything seems to be working fine but as soon as it gets to the ./world it says there no such file or directory but the world file that i compiled is right there... when i inspect it further it is type link (broken) ?? any ideas?

xxarthurxx
06-15-2008, 03:29 PM
looks like everything is running correctly now... i can get the server to start but it doesn't launch any zones. At the end of the code it spits out boot_quest does not take any arguments.

I dunno

xxarthurxx
06-15-2008, 03:34 PM
scratch that... found there answer to that problem here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20477&highlight=arguments

i still cant figure out why my launcher isnt starting any of the zones... i can log into the server get to char select and then the zones are down.

Derision
06-15-2008, 03:42 PM
What does eqlaunch say when you run it ?

My setup is rough and ready. In my eqemu directory, I have a script called 'bootserver' which just runs world:

echo 83886080 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:.
rm logs/*
rm *log
./cleanipc
./world 2>&1 >> world.log &

Then I just manually run eqlaunch:

rama eqemu # ./eqlaunch zones
[Debug] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_14411.log
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Starting main loop...
[Debug] [NET__WORLD] Connected to World: 127.0.0.1:9000
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting TCPConnectionLoop with thread ID -1214125152
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__WORLD] World told us to start zone dynamic_01.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__WORLD] World told us to start zone dynamic_02.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__WORLD] World told us to start zone dynamic_03.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__WORLD] World told us to start zone dynamic_04.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__WORLD] World told us to start zone dynamic_05.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] World told us to start zone dynamic_01, but it is already running.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] World told us to start zone dynamic_02, but it is already running.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] World told us to start zone dynamic_03, but it is already running.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] World told us to start zone dynamic_04, but it is already running.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] World told us to start zone dynamic_05, but it is already running.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__WORLD] World told us to start zone sebilis.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__STATUS] Starting zone dynamic_01
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__STATUS] Zone dynamic_01 has been started.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__STATUS] Waiting 20000 milliseconds before booting the second zone.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__STATUS] Starting zone dynamic_02
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__STATUS] Zone dynamic_02 has been started.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__STATUS] Waiting 2000 milliseconds before booting the next zone.
<snip>

xxarthurxx
06-15-2008, 04:03 PM
i think this might be my problem... in the script i have it has the launcher name as peq... ill try changing it to zone and see if that helps

EDIT: this worked! ran ./eqlaunch zone, i totally missed it so thanks much for the help. Finally the 2 day painfest can end! :D