PDA

View Full Version : Will it go passed Titanium?

Xayd
06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
I dont know if this question has been asked before but probably a thousand times...
But will EQEmu ever or can go passed titanium? Like maybe get to a anniverssery pack or something higher like that?

ChaosSlayer
06-25-2008, 06:39 PM
it is posible.. eventualy, but not nay time soon.
I have asked devs the same quetsion not that long ago. Basicly the devs feel that it is important to first polish the current Titanium support to the max and get all the features and AAs working, and then move to next edition.

By my most generous estimates do not expect this step to be taken in less than 12 month from now

trevius
06-25-2008, 07:32 PM
If someone could get all of the opcodes needed to run a later version like Anniversary, then it the rest wouldn't be so bad. Unfortunately, getting the right opcodes is no easy task.

EvoZak
06-26-2008, 02:19 AM
The main problem seems to be one of "did they run Anniversary on live for long enough before a patch that opcodes are out there for it?". If so, then some older version of seq probably has them. If not, well, that's kind of a pain in the ass.

Effort could be put towards much much better things, IMO. Heck, boats still don't work :)

KLS
06-26-2008, 02:40 AM
Honestly it would be worth doing at some point just to have a client that can render the current zones. Just not enough time to really pull it off, it's a pretty large task.

ChaosSlayer
06-26-2008, 03:09 AM
i would say if we can at least pull the zones and new models out of amiversary edition - it would worth an effort, rest can wait

dtraver
06-26-2008, 10:10 PM
( . Y . )
( . Y . )
( . Y . )

trevius
06-27-2008, 03:49 AM
i would say if we can at least pull the zones and new models out of amiversary edition - it would worth an effort, rest can wait

You could pull those out and Frankenstein an EQ directory together with the zones and races from Anniversary in a Titanium directory probably. But, the problem still exists that you need the anniversary eqgame.exe in order to render those zones and races properly if I understand correctly.