PDA

View Full Version : Client override

rogue50
07-31-2008, 11:35 PM
I do not know if this the correct place to post this but here is the question...

Is there any way to make the server override/ignore the version number of the client?

and is there a way check the version numbers/dates of eqgame executables?

trevius
08-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Go buy EQ Titanium :P

The answer to the first question is no, and even if you could, most things won't work if your version isn't an exact match.

The answer to your second question is yes I think, but no reason to get into details on it. Only Titanium will work and illegal copies of the game won't, and they won't be supported here even if they are possible to get working.

Flare83
08-05-2008, 02:26 AM
and is there a way check the version numbers/dates of eqgame executables?

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQVerCheck

greggg230
08-05-2008, 02:57 AM
Go buy EQ Titanium :P

The answer to the first question is no, and even if you could, most things won't work if your version isn't an exact match.

The answer to your second question is yes I think, but no reason to get into details on it. Only Titanium will work and illegal copies of the game won't, and they won't be supported here even if they are possible to get working.

Huh? The legality of a copy of Titanium would have no bearing on whether or not it works.

Secrets
08-05-2008, 03:18 AM
Huh? The legality of a copy of Titanium would have no bearing on whether or not it works.

It's only because we don't want people posting damn torrent links all over our board and getting us shut down. If you can figure out the logic in Titanium working legally or illegally, you could've possibly figured that out too.