PDA

View Full Version : Ghosting in game - crashing

Dathir
08-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I have a problem. I've searched the forums and have tried many suggestions on fixing it. I have an Intel core 2 duo running vista home and an athlon x2 running XP.

I'm having the same issue as ivengar is/was having I log in everything works fine for a few seconds then it doesn't. I can't cast spells, I can send tells out and people receive them but I can't receive tells. I can agro mobs and attack but I can't tell that I'm attacking them and I never know when they die. But I can move around and agro mobs

Here is the unusual thing. I have a shaman and a warrior, the shaman was on my athlon x2 XP computer and wasn't having the issue. The warrior was on the core2duo Vista computer and was completely unplayable. So I decided to switch the computers.

Once I put the warrior on the athlon x2 XP it worked fine for about 10 minutes then started having the same issue. The shaman never worked on the core2duo vista machine. As soon as the shaman was logged in she could not cast spells, or do anything else.

The other unusual thing is, I've been playing on eqemu for about 2 weeks and have had no problems at all until last night. Now it hasn't worked since.

Things I've tried:
1. disable cpu throttling by going to power saver and choosing always on
2. set affinity via task manager
3. downloaded 'Get and Set' and 'RunFirst' and tried both of those
4. changed compatibility mode tried:XPsp2, windows 2000, server 2003, windows 95, windows 98/me

nothing has worked. anyone have any ideas? is there more information i need to provide?

trevius
08-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Are you sure you are running a fresh install of a legal copy of Titanium that hasn't been patched or had any custom files added? Have you tried going through the options menu from the login screen? I have heard that by selecting the video card and just clicking ok on the rest, it can sometimes fix some issues.

It sounds to me like you might be having 2 different issues, but it could also just be the server you are playing on. Have you tried other servers? Try my server Storm Haven and see if you get the same issue. My server is running a new version of the Emu Code that includes a fix for the bug where you can't cast, chat or attack. So, you can at least see if that bug is you only problem. The other possibly issue sounds to me like Windows Vista is causing you problems. But it sounds like you already saw my post about some troubleshooting steps to try for fixing that.

Most importantly is to try another server and see if you get the same issues. Let us know.

Dathir
08-20-2008, 04:52 PM
That's it Trevius. Thank you. I logged onto your server and had no issues, logged onto Jest and had no issues. The server I'm on is EZ server and after your suggestion I logged on and went to a non-custom zone and it works fine?? Thanks for the help

trevius
08-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Hmm, I thought EZ was running the newer code that resolves that weird bug. But maybe they reverted back to an older version for some reason.

More likely they might just have some issue in the zone you were trying to load into that is causing a lot of crashes. Probably something good to mention on their forums.

Dathir
08-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Ok, I'm still having the issue. I can play for a few days on a server then it starts having the issue everytime I log on. I have an original store bought version of Titanium that I purchased when it first came out.

I switched over to your server and didn't have the issue, then I moved to Scars of Amerous. To make things more simple, I removed all versions of EQ (titanium and live) and only installed and setup Titanium. I had been playing fine until today.

The issue seems a tad different though. I can still see myself attacking but I can't cast spells and 2 or 3 minutes after I can't cast spells it disconnects me. I log back on, I can play for about 1 maybe 2 minutes before it does the same thing again.

Also, I have 3 accounts. I was playing account 1 and account 2 for the past few days. I decided to start playing account 3 last night and today I have the issue. Same thing happened the first time I started having the issue, I played accounts 1 and 2 for weeks, then created login account 3 under user cp and the next day none of my characters worked correctly.

I can however talk to people but I can't open doors, cast spells, zone. It's like I'm not really in the zone, but I can agro and melee and chat before I get disconnected.

trevius
08-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Ya, that is a known bug that should be resolved in the newer versions of the emu code. I know that I haven't had a single report of that issue on my server since I added the code fix in.

Sometimes the issue seems worse on certain PCs and some people don't even get it at all for some reason. But, I do know that it seems to be the worst when the server is either at peak play time with high player numbers, or if the server has been running for a few days without a restart.