PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Everyone

EmuNOOB
07-03-2002, 10:12 AM
Before I came to this site I had only heard and dreamt of playing EQ on my own, private LAN. I finally got Linux up and runnin and lo an behold there are Win32 Eq apps that i can use to emulate the server! Well I downloaded all the proper files and have extrtacted them and deciphered how to basically use MySQL (Something i had never touched before). Well now I have gotten all the way to the character select screen before i get that same packet error... My question is if this problem is apparent and no one has time to fix it why dont we players try to work on it ourselves... i would greatly appriciate any help on how to get started on this problem or what i need to know to tackle it. Also thanks espeacially to the BIG LAN BOOK post... even as a Nooob I got thru it :p! well i look forward to programmin suggestions.

Rayloc

ednecro
07-08-2002, 10:22 AM
I wonder if you are running into the same thing.
I found that I get some kind of packet error If I try to pick a character that does not start in the running zone. Forinstance I did not think about it the forst time I started and tried to create a necromancer I think it was. Anyhow, you might just
try a warrior/agnostic as there starting zone is freeport, on a deeper not you might try a character that starts in whatever you have defined in sql as your start zone. Sorry if this does not help, I am very new to this, but I have been able to play, spawn stuff and jump from zone to zone, basic stuff.