PDA

View Full Version : Disable Races/Classes Tutorial

NikonRZ
09-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Locate variables table within Database. Then locate varname Expansions:

It is this variable that you need to change to restrict certain expansions (Classes/Races). Here is a few variables that will help you get started:

1 Default
2 EQ Only
3 EQ / Kunark - Enables Iksar Race Only
4 EQ / Luclin - Enables Vah Shir Race + Beastlord Class Only
5 EQ / Kunark / Luclin - Enables Iksar & Vah Shir Race + Beastlord Class
19 EQ / Kunark / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Iksar & Froglok Race Only
20 EQ / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Vah Shir & Froglok Race Only (No Iksar) + Beastlord Class
21 EQ / Kunark / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Iksar, Var Shir, & Froglok Races + Beastlord Class Only
255 Enables All Expansions + Berserker Class

Hope this helps someone.

Congdar
09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
I need a perscription for for that

Neiv
09-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Is there a complete list somewhere? I'd like to pick and choose races and classes instead of including or excluding an entire package

Cripp
09-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Here's some useful lists in the wiki: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQLists

reddogut
04-04-2009, 09:34 PM
So the Expansions value in the variables table on my DB is 16383. Although this says that 255 Enables All Expansions + Berserker Class.

I would like to know how to restrict the races and classes that can be played on my EQEmu server.

reddogut
04-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Nevermind.

neiv2
04-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Reddogut, you might try my custom quest (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26880). It's a work-around, to be sure, but it will accomplish your stated goal.

Riklin
05-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Does this even work??? What is it that gets limited when you set the expansion value in Variables? From what I can tell it doesn't seem to do anything. You can still create pretty much any normal class using any normal race. I set it up with 2, being classic, but can create iksars in either cabilis or crescent reach.

What is REALLY required to limit everything to specific expansions?

From what I can tell, it is extremely involved. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!!!

1. I think you need to go remove all rows from char_create_combinations that are classes or races you don't want people to use.

2. I think you need to go to zones and set up the min_status to something beyond what your character default status is. (I default to 0 status). I'm trying to set up each the zones in each expansion, in intervals of 10. For instance classic is 10, kunark zones are 20, velious zones are 30, luclin zones are 40, pop zones are 50, etc...

Even that may not fully work. I haven't even started trying to turn off all the pok teleport books... Is there an EASY way to truly limit to specific expansions that works?

Secrets
05-10-2015, 05:24 AM
Does this even work??? What is it that gets limited when you set the expansion value in Variables? From what I can tell it doesn't seem to do anything. You can still create pretty much any normal class using any normal race. I set it up with 2, being classic, but can create iksars in either cabilis or crescent reach.

What is REALLY required to limit everything to specific expansions?

From what I can tell, it is extremely involved. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!!!

1. I think you need to go remove all rows from char_create_combinations that are classes or races you don't want people to use.

2. I think you need to go to zones and set up the min_status to something beyond what your character default status is. (I default to 0 status). I'm trying to set up each the zones in each expansion, in intervals of 10. For instance classic is 10, kunark zones are 20, velious zones are 30, luclin zones are 40, pop zones are 50, etc...

Even that may not fully work. I haven't even started trying to turn off all the pok teleport books... Is there an EASY way to truly limit to specific expansions that works?

The post you are commenting on is 7 years old. It's got a lot of old information relevant to 2008. The only way to truly limit expansions is to set the min_status field in the zone table. Players that try and enter zones they don't have the status for will be denied entry.

There's not an 'easy button' for specific expansion setups, never was. As for what races/classes/deities/starting zones you can make, yes that table controls what you can create.

jerluwoo22
05-11-2015, 12:47 AM
For clients higher than Titanium you can go to char_create_combinations table and change the expansions_req field to double the highest expansion on any race/class combination you want. This will give the message that you do not have the required expansion to make this race or class when making a character. This leaves all expansion content available while blocking certain races/classes from being made without deleting data if you want to re-enable them again.