PDA

View Full Version : No Rent Augments?

Grundy
09-16-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't have an EQEmu server set up so I can't test this myself...

Ok so if you make an augment that is No Rent, obviously if you log out for a while and come back in you wont have the augment in your inventory any more. What if you apply the augment to a weapon? Will the augement still get wiped off the weapon?

trevius
09-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Weapons work the same as any other item. If it is no rent, then there is no reason it should remain longer than 15 minutes after being logged off, no matter where it is in your inventory. If it did, then there is a bug in the code. Though, augments have have been a little buggy in the past, so I wouldn't be overly surprised if there was an issue with it, but I am pretty sure it would work as intended.

Grundy
09-16-2008, 10:26 PM
I know weapons work the same way. I was wondering if an Augment that has already been applied to something would work that way. I'm not sure how augments work. Didn't know if it would just like become part of the weapon or if it would still get removed...

trevius
09-16-2008, 10:33 PM
It is still treated like a slot, and so it should work the same as any other item.

Grundy
09-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, that's cool.

Maybe people could use this as a new way for Magicians to "buff" other players. Summoning a temporary augment for them.