PDA

View Full Version : /played showing wrong info

AndMetal
09-26-2008, 08:05 PM
I haven't been able to figure out exactly why yet, but I have a feeling it has something to do with the Profile structure (it looks like the client doesn't send an OpCode to the server for the info). Anyways, when you type /played in-game, "Total time playing" shows how much you have played that session. "This session" is really high, possibly related to the actual time + something else? "total time entitled" also doesn't seem to show anything other than 0.0.

One thing I did notice is it doesn't look like timePlayedMin in the PlayerProfile struct isn't changing from 0.

I know it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to be able to see how long you've been playing a character :-)

Derision
10-05-2008, 10:12 AM
I haven't been able to figure out exactly why yet, but I have a feeling it has something to do with the Profile structure (it looks like the client doesn't send an OpCode to the server for the info). Anyways, when you type /played in-game, "Total time playing" shows how much you have played that session. "This session" is really high, possibly related to the actual time + something else? "total time entitled" also doesn't seem to show anything other than 0.0.

One thing I did notice is it doesn't look like timePlayedMin in the PlayerProfile struct isn't changing from 0.

The Total time playing was showing how long since you last logged in or zoned. This session: appears to be the elapsed time since eqgame.exe was launched, not the time playing this character in this session.

I'm just about to commit a change that will update timePlayedMin whenever Client::Save is called, so once a server implements this change, your character's played time will start accruing from that point onwards.