PDA

View Full Version : Windowed mode text bug

warhawk
10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi

I have a really annoying bug that i cant seem to fix. When i'm in windowed mode the text shown in all UI windows is distorted, almost as if every 4th pixel horizontal is not there. The text appears chopped off. When you switch to full screen it clears up.

I'm running vista 64 (although i seem to remember having this problem with xp)

Any Idea's?

Sorry to post this here, not sure where else to put it.

Thanks

War

trevius
10-03-2008, 04:37 PM
That is just a common issue with flatscreen monitors. If you are not running in native resolution, you get artifacts on the screen.

One thing to help would be if you make sure your desktop resolution is running at the native for your monitor. Another thing would be to just increase your font size in game. You should be able to use the /chatfontsize command to change it to something more readable.

warhawk
10-04-2008, 04:18 AM
Thanks Trev.

Strangely enough, it only happens when I am in the native resolution for the monitor and in windowed mode. If i step it down the problem disappears. It effects the text in all of the UI windows as well.

War

hayward6
10-04-2008, 08:02 AM
It happens because when you put it in windowed mode the screen closes in a little making room for the border. Because of that, the text and everything else is squeezed into a smaller resolution than what its set to. To fix it you either have to run full screen, or you have to run it at a lower resolution in windowed.

warhawk
10-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks Sayin

I will drop to a lower res.