PDA

View Full Version : Item Collector

Ariak
07-07-2002, 05:18 AM
I use Win XP. Does this matter?? If not..

Okay. If one downloaded the packet collector and was in an uber guild..

That person would have to inspect other people to get the items uploaded to lyenu's .sql file.

Yes?

Or, would that person have to actually HOLD the item to get the stats?

I am confused. :)

Trumpcard
07-07-2002, 12:13 PM
The item packets are only passed when you inspect an item (like in a trade window), have it on yourself, or have it in the bank. So, to get it, you need to either have all your friends throw it in a trade window for you, or become looter on a good raid. Im not even sure if packetcollector is working anymore, havent had any luck with it in awhile now.

Just inspecting a friends character won't do it.

Lurker_005
07-07-2002, 03:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Lyenu has a copy working... If you can't get packetcollector to work, use the hackersquest one (http://eqcollector.netfirms.com/EqDb/main.htm) till it does. I'll continue to convert the HQ items for use here.

Ariak
07-10-2002, 11:56 AM
You are the man, Lurker!

:)

morpheus014
07-11-2002, 06:30 AM
Is it possible for us to pull spawn data from the HQ database? I just d/led the latest emu from them and logged in to check it out, and noticed that zones like CShome have merchants and such, and i think other zones that we may not have spawned out yet. It would be eaiser for us to convert their data i think than get zones that none of us may have ready acess to in live. Just a thought but it may be nice if it worked

morpheus014
07-11-2002, 07:25 AM
Also- lurker what are you using to convert the HQ data to eqemu format? i have the latest Eq collector from HQ and am using my guy in live to collect data, but dont know how to convert it into usable emu files....

Lurker_005
07-11-2002, 08:33 AM
I have a WSH script I run on the items file to convert it. I am working on converting other files as well, but don't have anything as of yet. By all means use the HQ collector as long HQ releases the data back to everyone.

morpheus014
07-11-2002, 08:45 AM
Ya the HQ collector saves all the spawn item zone etc data on your hard drive, but i have no way of accessing it as its in some kind of raw data format. the HQ people have some files in the release that will merge the data into the HQ db but i dont know how they work exactly, they are batch files that run other programs so its not accessable in source form

Lurker_005
07-11-2002, 02:00 PM
Actually I heard you can use the results of the collector directly with the HQ emu. But you should just submit the data. that way duplicates will be filtered out, and verify previous data.

morpheus014
07-11-2002, 07:26 PM
k will do, ill post if i get anything new from it