PDA

View Full Version : its time to finish it!!

liquest
10-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Hello everyone. i spoke to Secrets and Primal of The Edge server about them finishing the server and they said fine..... One problem is that they require atleast 10 people on regularly so if you like the edge server but hate theres no population..log on so we can get it back. and if you never tried it before..i can tell you this its the most unique server ever. i will be playing everyday myself so if you see my on and have question feel free to ask, or if you want to be PLed from 1-200 tell me i can certinally help out tons

Hope to see you on

~liquest

My Chars:
Asaatogrin-69 rouge
Mongoo-67 cleric
Dubdub-160 shammy

Secrets
10-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah, kinda got convinced to starting it back up. More details soon for Edge players, old and new.

Stuff like this are in the works, followed by content:

new weapons system, items are generated by code in a D&D-upgradeable fashion (Sword +32 ftw!)

completely reworked binaries for balance, stability, and development. We've gone 93 days without a reboot, and only had to a few days back. (2300 hours)

new NPC AI system, complete with spell lists.

Content:

new dungeon off of Echo Caverns, and a new city we've been working on, Sanctus Seru. tradeskill epic quests, still unsure how these are going to be done with the new weapons system but we'll figure it out.

raid zone off Sanctus Seru, the new city. Probably going to reuse Edge 0.9 and lower zones for that.

Dungeon crawl + instancing mechanics, still under discussion on how to do the crawling right. probably won't need instancing.

'Onslaught' - A new type of NPC spawning, where I can specify a spawngroup to keep rushing at you, and have another NPC attack afterwards, all handled in code without the need for perl scripts to generate all of this.

expect more soon as we think of them, about half of these things are already implemented, they just need to be pushed out to work with a live server.

Moncleared
10-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Going to need a website with more information. I'm interested and could possibly help with the population. I'm playing with my own server (Old Quellious) atm, just messing with the database and things, nothing serious at the moment. I wouldn't mind logging over in my free time for some fun!

Monc

Secrets
10-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Going to need a website with more information. I'm interested and could possibly help with the population. I'm playing with my own server (Old Quellious) atm, just messing with the database and things, nothing serious at the moment. I wouldn't mind logging over in my free time for some fun!

Monc

We do have a website, had it for about a year.

www.theedgeserver.com

See the new player guide, it explains most of the formulas we have in detail, and see this post here for features: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25555