PDA

View Full Version : am I overlooking a GM command?

RhinoDude
10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey folks,

I just reviewed the command list in the wiki and perhaps i'm overlooking something, but I can't figure out (assuming it's even possible) how I would "posess" an already spawned NPC. I didn't see /becomenpc on the list of commands.

I guess I could #kill the npc, #permarace, #permagender, and #name and turn myself into something that looked like the NPC (naked anyway), and then I would have to summon and add items to inventory, but players wouldn't be able to attack me unless we were both PVP+.

Is there an easier way? Or is it impossible to directly control an NPC? I know there are a lot of things I can do indirectly...

Thanks,
Rhino

RhinoDude
10-23-2008, 04:05 PM
No reply so I guess I'm not overlooking some useful command? If somebody can confirm that would be great.

Thanks,
- Rhino

So_1337
10-23-2008, 04:22 PM
If your GM flag is up, there's a /be command, but it needs a lot of work in order to be useful.

merb
10-24-2008, 04:42 PM
The only command I know of that worked rather well for me is the /becomenpc command you mentioned. You need to do the #gm on command for it to work though. Other than that, there's not much else you can do...

TheLieka
10-25-2008, 04:01 PM
/becomenpc does not completely work (the last time I checked) - it does not update the spawn list for players that zone in after you /becomenpc.

It also won't let you "possess" an NPC, rather it will let you change gender, texture, race, level, and what level players you're allowed to attack.

Dax

peixxfnh
11-07-2008, 09:30 PM
The only command I know of that worked rather well for me is the /becomenpc command you mentioned. You need to do the #gm on command for it to work though. Other than that, there's not much else you can do...