PDA

View Full Version : Old player returning, would like some info

sniperslayer
10-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi there everyone! great community u guys have here it seems..

as a little introduction my name is Mike and I used to have an unhealthy addiction to EQ back in the day lol, I absolutely -LOVED- EQ and i first purchased it just as the ruins of Kunark expansion came out

with that said, Kunark was my favorite time playing, after Veilous came out, i really didnt enjoy the expansions that came out after that.. i liked the classic the most..

so with this said my big question is, Are there any servers that only play with the Kunark expansion enabled? are there any of these which have a decent population?

I'm confused as to which servers are the best because there seem to be so many varrying opinions on the matter

so which server has the LARGEST population? and what expansions does said server play with?

if somone could answer me these questions i'd love to get back in the game ASAP

thank you all

trevius
10-26-2008, 11:56 PM
The closest match to your request is probably TZ/VZ PVP server. If you like PVP, it has Kunark as the highest expansion and also has a good player base. If you want to try another non-custom server, you could try PEQ, which goes up to about PoP and maybe some LoY. It too has a good player base (one of the top in fact).

Personally, I have to recommend that you give some custom servers a try as well (cause I run one myself lol). You should be able to tell which ones are pretty good just by looking at how many people are playing on them. I personally recommend Zeb, EZ Server, Scars of Amerous, and my server Storm Haven. I know they aren't what you are looking for right now exactly, but you never know if you will like them if you don't try! And it is pretty fun to see some of the variety in the custom servers and to experience something live-like that doesn't have to follow any particular rules. Most have increased experience rates so you can level and start raiding pretty quickly. They also mostly have all content designed for a max of 1 to 3 groups since it is the emulator and we are limited on player numbers.

All-in-all, I would recommend trying any of the servers with more than 10ish players on the server list. They all have their own unique qualities about them and I am sure you can find something that you will enjoy thoroughly. There is a brief description of some servers in the General Server Discussion section of these forums. Check out the sticky there.