PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the top of Cabilis's Temple of Terror

icenny
11-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I have spent an hour trying to get from the ladder on the upper level to the platform where Arch Duke Xog is. Jumping seems different to me with EQEmu. I can't run then jump - no room; I can't jump then run - I'll fall short; and, I can't jump and run at the same time - it seems to just do one or the another. I can, however, do this move while not on top of the ladder.

Is anyone else having this problem? I don't remember EQ Live being this difficult to do this maneuver.

trevius
11-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Make sure you are in first person view for that type of thing. It helps with pitch issues and such. I know swimming is nearly impossible in 3rd person view. Not sure if this is your issue, but probably worth mentioning. Also, maybe you can get a levitate to make it easier.

So_1337
11-11-2008, 09:08 AM
I've always had a hell of a time with that stupid ladder. Not sure what would make it easier, though, unfortunately. Just keep at it until you get it =/

Richardo
11-11-2008, 09:17 AM
I have spent an hour trying to get from the ladder on the upper level to the platform where Arch Duke Xog is. Jumping seems different to me with EQEmu. I can't run then jump - no room; I can't jump then run - I'll fall short; and, I can't jump and run at the same time - it seems to just do one or the another. I can, however, do this move while not on top of the ladder.

Is anyone else having this problem? I don't remember EQ Live being this difficult to do this maneuver.

Well - The client that you've used in live for this maneuver is no different than the one you're using now. The physics are still the same and I don't believe they have ever changed.