PDA

View Full Version : New user here

modern
11-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey! My copy of EQ Titanium is in the mail and I can't wait to play!
I'm a 3 year vet of EQmac. We have expansions up to PoP with a low server population.
I was wondering what to expect from the servers. I would like to have nice gear but really cant put in the time to join a raiding guild.

trevius
11-11-2008, 06:53 PM
If you want nice gear with less time involvement than EQLive, and less required for raids, you probably want one of the custom servers. There are many to chose from. You can find some brief descriptions of many servers in the sticky that is in the server section of the forums. Pretty much any server with more than 10 players on it on the server list is almost sure to be fun for you.

LOL, I have never heard of EQmac before. Is that another emu project specifically for the MAC? Interesting... Reading the news on the homepage looks like SOE has some kind of involvement in it. I can't quite tell what it is all about.

modern
11-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the info.

EQmac is just Everquest Mac edition from sony. We have alot of the original harder stuff like unslowable Bertox and a sleeping Sleeper.

trevius
11-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Ahh, I always figured that EQ for the Mac just ran on the normal servers. Didn't know they had to rebuild everything from the ground up like that lol.. WTF... Doesn't really make sense that they couldn't just use the same database and quest scripts as they do on Live...

And just to be clear, EQEmu will not work on a Mac, unless maybe you are running a windows emulator of some sort.

unknownhost
11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
no clue how this eventually turned out, but last i heard Cavedude was hunting a 1.0 version of plane of mischief... rumor has it that is the version available on the EQMac server? any comments Modern? ;)

donno if he still needs the info but if that were available and he did need it, be one happy developer there...

modern
11-11-2008, 07:36 PM
We have the 1.0 plane of mischief. We dont' have any devs for our server and haven't had an update since jan 05. Some quests (signet of might) can only be finished with a GM's help.
I plan on playing with my one PC.