PDA

View Full Version : Old schooler wondering about EQEmu servers

jfgeqemu
11-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi,

A long while back, I actually set up a server but the whole quests and mob placement, random pathing, etc just wasnt there.

I am wondering if the servers that people have up have wandering mobs and good quests....does any the servers somewhat closely follow the original everquest (for example, the big skeles in on the chessboard in butcherblock) mobs and quests.

Just want to make sure I have an idea what Im gettin into before I go but titanium edition :)

Thanks guys!

Dr Zauis
11-15-2008, 04:42 PM
A long while back, I actually set up a server but the whole quests and mob placement, random pathing, etc just wasnt there.

That sounds like ancient history. Buy Titanium. Play PEQ. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how close to live it actually is. Sure theres still alot of minor problems and even some big ones. But since I joined 3 years ago there has been amazing progress on all points at so many levels.

Richardo
11-16-2008, 01:59 AM
Dr Z...

Now thats a face I haven't seen in a long time..

Gaan
11-16-2008, 02:25 AM
speaking of old faces...how are ya richardo?

Aonelyn
11-16-2008, 06:28 AM
speaking of old faces, sup gaan.

Richardo
11-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Ahoy! Aonelyn and Gaan, how's it going?

Revilor
11-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Where in Arizona you from?

Irreverent
11-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Welcome to EMU!

If you're looking to be casual, my server is setup exactly like live...except 1 twist and that is its coded/dbased to be solo'able. That way you can experience anything you didn't in live and be able to do it alone. (can still group)

Being an old schooler myself, seeing missed content AND reliving what i remember was most important...which made me start my server and then share it with the world. :)