PDA

View Full Version : Looking for agent

Scorpious2k
11-21-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm sure a few of you remember me, and our server.

I am not able to get broadband for the moment and due to some financial problems, I have decided to offer the new, titanium version of the S2k server to a select few.

For those who don't know, the Scorpious2k server is one of the oldest on EQEmu and has it's own custom DB, quests, a number of custom zones and unique features. And, unlike the earlier version, this is completely titanium compatible!

What I am looking for is a special individual who could act as our agent and sell, for a reasonable price, a few copies of EVERYTHING (including source code) that makes our custom server unique.

Please contact me if you are interested and think you would be able to do this. I need someone trustworthy, since we will also want to provide support. You can contact me here through PM or at my email address scorpious2k@gmail.com

I look forward to talking to you.

EDIT: To answer a question, yes you will make money doing this for us. You will also have access to the entire server DB, quests, source, etc. for yourself.

Secrets
11-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Just an update on this,

I spoke with Scorpious2k in PMs and IRC about this. Here's his situation:

Scorpious2k is living in a hotel room at the moment. He's losing money faster than he can gain it. He has an apartment in mind that he would buy, but he's $200 short. He has no internet besides dialup, has to go to McDonalds to get highspeed internet (that charges per hour), and also has to find a way to make cash before his money runs out and him and his kids are on the street. So, in short, he's selling a copy of his database for $25, and a copy of everything (source, zones, patch, etc.) for $75. This would be of the Scorpious2k server. We are willing to negotiate for a lower price if you are reasonable about it.

A little bit about his background:

Scorpious2k has been in the community for quite a while. He's a well-respected member who has a lot to offer. Around 2003, he started the server named after himself, Scorpious2k, and it was a very popular server. Due to a Cease and Desist from Sony Online, he was forced to stop his server, which was at the time, around anywhere from 30-130 players online at once. Times have changed, and now he's almost bankrupt due to the economy, and I personally would hate to see him on the streets.

A little bit about the server:

Scorpious2k (the server) is one of the first servers to offer a level cap higher than 100. The current cap on Scorpious2k was, and always will be, 130. If you buy a copy, you gain the right to change this of course. The server itself runs like a normal EverQuest Emulator server, with a twist. The starting zone is an openzone zone, where you are greeted by a big Scorpion at the entrance to the zone. In old days, you started in the Tutorial zone (and I suspect the zone is still there; however locked, if you wish to use old S2k zones) and from there you would level up and get basic gear, plus your modified epic. The server contains custom content zones up to level 130, the Knights rings which help you level and heal yourself, and raid encounters which are balanced and challenging at the same time. Overall, if you asked any Scorpious2k players from 2003-2006, you would find that they would say they enjoyed playing and raiding on his server.

A little bit on the legal rights to the server:

We honestly don't care how you use the server, as long as it goes to a non-profit and non-public cause. (IE: reselling the resold sever) however this does not mean you can't take donations; all I ask is that you have some morals here and do not redistribute the server to everyone you see fit. We are hoping the server falls into the hands of trusted and smart individuals who can keep a good server up and running, and tweak it how they see fit to make the server the best it could be. That's all I ask; I am helping a man in need, and if you were to do something like that, please take consideration that if you were on the verge of going to the streets, and someone took the last thing that would help you survive away from you and your kids, what that feeling would feel like to you.

Lastly:

I hope one of you find it in your heart to buy the server DB or the complete package from us. There will be a total of 6 packages or databases sold, and I will distribute them to you personally. And just remember, even if you do not want a package of the server, please consider buying one anyway. If I wasn't going into college soon, I would certainly use some of my personal funds to help someone off of their feet before them and their kids fall on the street. I am sure it would be tragic if that were to happen to such a respected community member, and I am sure you would be very upset if you or one of your kids were on the street. So, with all said, I am not asking you to buy a copy because you want it (though, that would be part of the reason), but instead asking you to be a generous person that will host the server, or take whatever they need from the server, with the peace of mind that another human being is safe from this economy. When I get more info from Scorpious2k tomorrow, I will post it here. Until then, please PM me if you are interested in a copy, and I will communicate with you when we decide what we are going to do. Again, we ARE willing to negotiate for a lower price if that is too much for you, but interest is what will decide the final price. We understand that this is a tough time in the economy for everyone; so we ARE willing to go lower if you provide a valid argument.

Thank you for reading this, and I look forward to talking with those interested.

unknownhost
11-23-2008, 04:07 PM
think its a perfect statement on the economy and how badly its doing when somone with the obvious talents and abilities such as Scorpius runs the danger having no place to live.

do you have a paypal addy or somthing like that bro? im always in a random state of broke but i can donate 10-20$ this week as i got a few extra hours OT in. if ya give us a way to donate you may very well get the lil bit o cash you need that way! this isnt you asking for a handout btw so dont let it hurt your pride. this is me asking you for a way to transfer the funds for nothin.

Secrets
11-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I got this PM from Scorpious2k today:

I saw a question about paypal and thought I would suggest using the server paypal at our website (there is an icon there for donations) at http://scorpious2k.info We can use that for payments, etc.

Please donate to here if you would like a copy; I will contact Scorpious2k and get who donated (it may take a few days for him to get internet access) and hand out the material when I receive it from him to those who purchased it.

Please send me a PM with your e-mail so I can verify that it is you that asked for this copy.

Donations are always appriciated.

Thanks!