PDA

View Full Version : Issue installing EQ1...

Isak922
12-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Not sure where to post this... but here goes.

I've owned 3 copies of EQ1 over my time. The original trilogy, as well as most expansions; as well as 2 copies of Titanium.

Lately, I haven't had the finances to keep up with my All Access Sony account; so I've looked to other places for my EQ fix.

However, lately; I can't seem to install my Titanium package. Neither of the two work. I get an error stating:

"Setup has experienced an error.

Please do the following:
-Close any running programs
-Empty your temporary folder
-Check your internet connection (Internet-based Setups)

Then try to run the Setup again.

Error code: -6001"

I've tried all of the above; as well as completely removing all aspects of EQ1 from my hard drives. Nothing works!

Any ideas on how to help? I need my Evercrack fix!

trevius
12-01-2008, 02:14 AM
You can probably google search that error and find a solution. Here is something I found after a quick search that might help:

KB967: Error: InstallShield error code -6001 during setup.

SUMMARY:
During installation of 602PRINT PACK 5.0, you may receive an InstallShield error that returns an error code '-6001'.

SOLUTION:
This InstallShield error indicates a corrupt verison of InstallShield is installed on your computer. To correct this issue, simply delete the following folder from your computer and attempt to run the installer again:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701

If this fails to correct the problem, we recommend you RENAME (not delete) the entire C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\ folder and try again. You may rename the folder to anything you like, but we recommend something similar to 'InstallShield-old'.

Isak922
12-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Hey! It worked!

Thanks =P

Yeormom
12-01-2008, 10:34 PM
trevius has mad skillz