PDA

View Full Version : fast hit point regeneration on EQemu

donaldcanard
12-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Hello,

I have not played EQ Live in 4 or 5 years, but had the urge to go out and kill a few snakes, so I have been trying out EQemu the last couple of days.

The best I remember from EQ Live, it was very dangerous outside Freeport's gates for level 1 and 2 players. But in EQemu I find that hit points regenerate so fast, there is no challenge to low level payers. I was able, as a level 2 player, take on a Orc Centurion and Pawn with little difficulty. This would have been death to me when I played EQ Live.

My question, is this the way EQ Live evolved since I quit playing, or is this an artifact from the way EQemu servers are run?

trevius
12-01-2008, 05:01 PM
It all depends on what server you are playing on. Many are custom and are not necessarily trying to emulate Live at all. But, even if you are playing on PEQ, combat probably still isn't as hard as it is on Live. The combat system in the Emu is pretty good, but it could definitely use some tweaking. It is something that is still evolving from time to time.

Yeormom
12-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Look for a classic server, many of which are PvP based. Depending on your class, you may find a challenge.

donaldcanard
12-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Thank you for the responding to my question. I think my solution is to put my own server. Been working on that for a couple of days now.