PDA

View Full Version : Darkfall

Jonathan5
12-30-2008, 02:09 PM
So, has anyone heard of this game? If you haven't, I think you should. I'm posting this here for a number of reasons.

1. Because it's an MMORPG...
2. I want to spread the word.
3. I think people who played EQ will especially appreciate this one or even more so, people who have played UO. It's taking some pretty big risk. What I mean by that is, Aventurine SA (developer) isn't following the latest trends of MMO's which we (fans of EQ) seem to despise.

Now let me explain to you a little about the game. It's been in development for about 8 years now and it's finally about to see the light of day. The game combines real-time action and strategy. It also features unrestricted PvP, full looting, a huge, dynamic game world that evolves in response to player actions, and a player skill dependent combat system free of the class and level systems that typify most MMORPGs. Six playable races, mounted combat.. etc, all that good stuff.

Check out the wiki, the site, some youtube vids, it's pretty nifty looking. But I think an interesting read is this one here; http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Darkfall-Online/review/Darkfall-Online-Why-Darkfall-is-Important

It elaborates on what I was saying above about not following the trends and what not. Let me know what you guys think. I for one am pretty sure I'll be checking it out.

MMORPGs like WoW just don't cut it for me, and I wouldn't bother posting it on a WoW forum because the kiddies just wouldn't understand.

Good day!

rabidpotatochip
12-30-2008, 02:37 PM
That looks pretty sweet. Definitely something I'll spend some time playing.

By the way, my wife wants to kill you. :-D

Yeormom
12-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Every MMORPG that has been overhyped the last few years (like Darkfall has been recently) ends up being a dud because wow kiddies get in, see it isn't what they dreamed, and flame it into obilivion. I'll wait until it's been on the shelves awhile.

Jonathan5
12-30-2008, 05:24 PM
That looks pretty sweet. Definitely something I'll spend some time playing.

By the way, my wife wants to kill you. :-D

LOL!

I didn't see Darkfall as being over hyped. I hadn't heard about it until just recently when my brother introduced it to me. Which leads to my lack of faith in it's success. It doesn't seem like it has much backing and it doesn't seem like something that appeals to the masses right now, unfortunately and fortunately...

I probably wouldn't let it sit on the shelves to long. I understand trying to avoid rocky launches, but if the game isn't a success it could get canned like most MMOs now'adays. I don't really care about whether it's a "WoW killer" and what not, if the game is fun... well then I'm all for it. But then again I do care because I want them to know that taking this risk has paid off, prove to the market that you don't have to follow a certain criteria and also so the game can actually have support and stay alive.