PDA

View Full Version : compile error when I make source

roostermhm
01-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I have an ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard with 2 gigs ram and a AMD Athlon64 3000+. I am also using an ATI Radeon 9250 (the box says sapphire but the entire card sux, that's why I put it in the Linux (toy)Box. This is going to be a dedicated box for this server and storage for movies. I have Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex 8.1. I did the regular dvd install, and updated it to current.

I am attempting to follow the wiki at http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DebianLinuxServer , but am also referring to the wiki at http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=LinuxServerGuide as a reference.

I installed Ubuntu, installed mysql from the synaptic package manager. I then downloaded the latest peq db and quests, and the source tarball at the top of the download page from this website (EQEmu-0.7.0-1129).

Before I did the make, I also did the 2 sudo's in the wiki, :
apt-get install libmysqlclient15-dev
apt-get install gcc g++ make libio-stringy-perl libperl-dev unzip

And then I modified the source makefile as follows
all:
# $(MAKE) -C eqemucollector
# $(MAKE) -C eqextractor

clean:
# $(MAKE) -C eqemucollector clean
# $(MAKE) -C eqextractor clean
and took the g out of gmake in the other two makefiles as directed.
I did not to the other recommended mods below that.
Then I did the make and got a whole bunch of lines of

cc1plus: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set

I hope I have provided enough information, what have I done wrong or what can I do to fix it
(in “for dummies” speak please)

thank you in advance.
** edit ** I use Ubuntu because I'm a dummy and it sees my printers and network "out of the box" and it smells like maple syrup on warm pancakes....... before you ask.

roostermhm
01-10-2009, 02:26 PM
ok, after searching through the server folder I found a make.a64 file. I renamed the make file to make.original and this to just make but I forgot to do the # thing in this one, I hope it works.