PDA

View Full Version : Crashing after making character

Dempig
07-17-2002, 07:58 AM
I followed the steps in the read me for only playing. Started EQW , logged in , and chose a server. I started making a guy , chose everything and created it. Once i chose the diety and such , and made the character , it just closes eq ( at the part where it is supposed to bring me to char select screen).

Anyway to fix this?

Maduin
07-17-2002, 09:05 AM
I too have the same problem (almost)... I'm reading through all the forums and posts and haven't found anything that fixed it yet so I'm guessing its something wrong on my end.

I have Windows XP professional (firewall disabled)
I have all the windows update patches/files.
500Mhz
15gb HD
Geforce 2 DDR~DVI
and 384MB ram
And yes I patched EQ up to the latest version before trying.

I can play on Sony Servers with this so EQ does run on this pc quite well. I tried both the EQW and the eqgame.exe patchme methods and what happens is I'll log in, select a server, create a character and then click on that character to enter the world and the program will just vanish... no error message, no freeze, nothing.... just gone. I have Everquest and SOL installed only, I wonder if that could be the problem? I'll try installing just EQ and see... but since I saw this post already I thought I would add to it to try to help find the problem.
Hope I helped at least a little ;)

ednecro
07-17-2002, 11:30 AM
What database are you guys using?
Have you tried dropping and resourcing the database? Are there any errors in the
world.exe or zone windows after you are booted?

Maduin
07-17-2002, 11:41 PM
This was with logging onto one of the servers in the eqhost.txt, not my own. And I think I figured out the problem cuz I was able to log in once by making a woodelf for about 2 minutes before being disconnected :) Either the zone was down that the character I was making starts at, or whoever is hosting it keeps booting people cuz they want to keep it private..... which makes me feel bad for trying to log in :) Sorry, was jus trying to check it out :)

Maduin

ednecro
07-19-2002, 02:44 AM
np, at least you were able to find out why.