PDA

View Full Version : how does zoning work?

dablasta
02-05-2002, 11:07 AM
ok, i have tried just about anything i have found on this forum... when i start up, i open a few zone bat files and the boot5zones and i end up in arena, so i type, #zone qeynos, it says you have been summoned byt the gods, loading please wait... etc, i notice by looking at my world.exe running, says client disconnected then the qeynos bat file starts moving again and says, resending packets and i end up back in arena, how can i get myself into another zone? i have read that with the boot5zones up i can go to any zone, but it's not working, they just sleep... i can't boot up any zones, can only shut down arena and of course it disconnects me :confused: :confused:

madborg
02-05-2002, 02:13 PM
I don't know how you managed to get into arena to begin with. Your default startzone should be s. qeynos.

All you need is the boot5zones batch file. If you have your client on the same machine where you have your server, you don't have to touch the batch file. Start your minilogin, your world, and then your boot5zones.

The fact that you are in arena and trying to zone someplace else and end up in arena again is that your zone is not available.

Sounds like you are trying to open other zone batch files too.