PDA

View Full Version : 1017 error, asking for closure

MagickRat4
07-20-2002, 04:32 PM
I have read the messages refering to 1017 error message for the people running servers from thier machines, however I am just wanting to play the game and I have recieved the message from day 1 without any chance to play the game. I have tried to log onto every server running and recieve the same message so I gather it is my machine not the server end as stated in some of the other posts. I am running Win XP and I have my fire wall down. Still the message occurs! I even re-installed my drivers for my NIC card, reintalled my OS and constantly renew my IP to see if they are the cause. I am running EQW through the .../eqgame.exe" patchme link to my EQ folder. I have gone through the steps to set up the link correctly placing the new EQHOST.txt into my folder along with the zip file from your site. Now, I have tried running the EQWfixme.exe and am wondering if that is supposed to do something because it shows no sign of activity upon clicking it. When I first tried running EQW straight from the EQ folder I recieved a split screen..

this is the window

::EULA:EULA::
after I accept that

::SoE advertisment:SoE advertisement::
etc....

If you would like a screen shot of what I am talking about feel free to e-mail me at MagickRat4@yahoo.com
I hope I am not breaking some Mboard rule about posting as I read earlier, I cant solve this problem however!

psten
07-21-2002, 02:55 AM
Well it is kinda hard to understand what you are trying to say but....

Try running eqgame.exe patchme from a DOS prompt - but (this will only work if you have EQ installed in Program Files) instead of typing cd program files - type cd progra~1. Ie:

__
C:\>cd progra~1
C:\Progra~1>cd everquest
C:\Progra~1\Everquest>eqgame.exe patchme

Hopefully this will fix your issue - if I understood your problem correctly.

Lurker_005
07-21-2002, 06:10 AM
EQW 2.22 on XP would give the split screen when used in 32 bit color (your desktop color) EQW 2.3 might have fixed this, but if not, set your desktop to 16 bit color.

MagickRat4
07-21-2002, 09:35 AM
Heh, actually after I posted that message I DLed an XP updates package from Microsoft that altered some drivers on my PC, it still didnt work, but then I updated my VGA card's drivers and vualla.. sorry to waster your time.