PDA

View Full Version : Looking for experience

tiekue
02-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I am looking for a way to learn and give back to the community. I don't have a lot of spare cash so donating that way isn't really an option most of the time. I do however have a fair bit of time on my hands. What I want to do is learn about things like spawning zones, Scripting quests, creating events, any other type of work that goes into a server. I am learning about mysql as much as I can by myself and want to further that knowledge as well as put it to good use.

Alittle background about me:

I am 21 years old and I live in Florida.
I work in the hospitality industry at a hotel.
I have about 7 years+ of EQ playing off and on.
I love things involving the Lore of EQ as well as some custom, server specific lore, that I have read about on the servers here.

Basically what it all boils down to is, if you are looking for a helping hand, and don't mind an apprentice type person helping you. I might be the person you are looking for.

Thank you for the time it took you guys to read that.

Also if anyone can point me in the direction of so good learning tools, input is always appreciated.

KingMort
02-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Your welcome to come help out on Raid Addicts, Players help out often times after they have played on the server a while they make quests and events, and some times even whole zones...

That is also one of the best ways to really dive in and learn the ropes in case you end up making your own server.. It's good to test on a server with at least SOME population since the players can give accurate feedback..

Come visit our site

www.raidaddicts.org , or you can log into Raid Addicts and send me a tell if i'm on "Mortenson" ... or you can PM me here or catch me on IRC..

King