PDA

View Full Version : Question on current login issue

Alby
03-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Currently when trying to log in, I see a blank screen with no servers to select from. If I exit out, and re-login anywhere from 15-50 times over and over, eventually servers will show up that I can select from. Is this how things are set up currently to combat the previous issues with the login, can we expect this to change with the new login that's being worked on - or is this something that only I am experiencing?

03-24-2009, 11:27 AM
the server list structure design is terrible from the EQ developers, I was having this issue with my LS as well until I was able to re-discover the base structure.

Sometimes if you notice the server list comes up and you see user counts on world servers with strange values like 82435824358 or -328523858253 this means the server list is offset and the IP address of the server is interfering with the structure.

As the public eqemu server allows green and legend servers ( i think ) this makes it more complicated and breaks easier.

Alby
03-24-2009, 07:50 PM
I've talked to a few friends and it appears they're not getting this problem that I'm getting.

This only popped up 3 or 4 days ago - I've played Emulator for 2 years and never had the issue before.

Can anyone suggest any type of fix?

Basically I'll log in, and the server select screen is just blank, with the expansion numbers scrolling by. I'll log back out, and back in repeatedly for maybe 2-5 minutes until I get the server select screen to actually list servers.

devn00b
03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Its the same bug that image listed above. Only person that can fix it is Doodman. Our Loginserver doesn't have this issue.

Alby
03-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Yea, I unfortunately don't understand what the majority of that means. Is there something that I need to do to help align my IP to the base structure?

The friends I talked to said they have logged straight through without problems the last few days, so it seems like it's a problem with me.

03-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do personally, this is a bug within the structure that the eqemu login server is using. I decided not to bother with green or (preferred) servers and legend servers because that seemed to stem this issue further, so keeping just to regular servers has helped me keep the LS I made stable (including the minilogin).

Your position in the server list can make this happen usually. Also in general if the server list is corrupt, the EQ client hates parsing it.

Alby
03-24-2009, 08:21 PM
I see - so it's just a bug that randomly affects some users? I've found 12 other users of the TZ/VZ that seem to be having the problem too.

devn00b
03-24-2009, 08:25 PM
I see - so it's just a bug that randomly affects some users? I've found 12 other users of the TZ/VZ that seem to be having the problem too.

yep. nothing you can do.

03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
I don't get the blank server list that often, but yes everyone is prone to that bug. I tend to usually get the server list but one of the servers is messed up like shown below. The IP is leaking into the user count. This is because the structure of all the data is wrong.

http://bugzilla.emagiware.com/eqemu_ipbug.jpg

Angelox
03-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey Image, I was just looking through something I have and cherish a lot, It's an old piece of a forgotten changelog from back in your golden days of EqEmu. You worked like a slave on the Emulator in those days .. so many entries made by you! Looks like you made the first login server? or was there more work done before this changelog?
Stuff like this is true history to me, apparently the changelog we have now is truncated, and all these entries are missing. I always thought one of the greatest and few rewards anyone is gonna get from all this is recognition for what they did. You guys are like the pioneers to EqEmu, and now you have no status at all in these forums?
For anyone who wants to see, here's the changelog (http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/SomeHistory.txt) , it was included in some real old versions of the emulator, back in 2002-2003.
I think all the Devs in this project deserve a place in it's history, including the ones from back in 2002.

trevius
03-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Maybe once the LS moves to the hands of KLS, she will let me have a peak at just the structures to possibly fix it, or just fix it herself. Either way, at least we will have someone capable of possibly resolving some of the long-running issues with more time to actually do so. Currently, the owner of it is probably capable of fixing most of those issues, but his time is extremely limited so they don't get fixed.

Until the ownership exchange actually happens, it is hard to speculate on exactly what we might be able to do with it. But, I believe it will open up options for us to do some adjustments some of the systems and maybe put some fixes in for some of it's flaws as well.

Also, the current changelog states at the top:

EQEMu Changelog (Started on Sept 24, 2003 15:50)

I am unsure why they truncated it though. But even in the current one, both Devn00b's and Image's names show up.

devn00b
03-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Maybe once the LS moves to the hands of KLS, she will let me have a peak at just the structures to possibly fix it, or just fix it herself. Either way, at least we will have someone capable of possibly resolving some of the long-running issues with more time to actually do so. Currently, the owner of it is probably capable of fixing most of those issues, but his time is extremely limited so they don't get fixed.

Until the ownership exchange actually happens, it is hard to speculate on exactly what we might be able to do with it. But, I believe it will open up options for us to do some adjustments some of the systems and maybe put some fixes in for some of it's flaws as well.

Also, the current changelog states at the top:

I am unsure why they truncated it though. But even in the current one, both Devn00b's and Image's names show up.

My changes are in the old one as well, but under hogies name, I gave him alot of fixes back in the day and they got put under his name. Like this gem
Hogie: changed the way faction works for GMs. Now everything is the right faction, but nothing will aggro you.

but too late to fix it now eh?

03-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey Image, I was just looking through something I have and cherish a lot, It's an old piece of a forgotten changelog from back in your golden days of EqEmu. You worked like a slave on the Emulator in those days .. so many entries made by you! Looks like you made the first login server? or was there more work done before this changelog?
Stuff like this is true history to me, apparently the changelog we have now is truncated, and all these entries are missing. I always thought one of the greatest and few rewards anyone is gonna get from all this is recognition for what they did. You guys are like the pioneers to EqEmu, and now you have no status at all in these forums?
For anyone who wants to see, here's the changelog (http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/SomeHistory.txt) , it was included in some real old versions of the emulator, back in 2002-2003.
I think all the Devs in this project deserve a place in it's history, including the ones from back in 2002.

My account has actually been deleted from the forums. Most of my old forum posts are 'DELETEDUSER' or something like that. That is old old news though.

I have done multiple login servers for EQEmu, yes. There is a changelog before (and lack there of) before the first timestamp there. Once upon a time a login server was not required, but after it was most of us did work on it. After a bunch of security issues with leaked login servers it was made private. It has been kept private partially in my belief due to most members who did the initial work on this project now are in an established industry (I am guessing..).

There are actually multiple 'hidden' builds of login servers in the eqemu sf project that I built.

FonzoRelli
03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Until the ownership exchange actually happens,

when is this suppose to happen?