PDA

View Full Version : Login server's messed up again, not recognizing accounts/passwords

MarglarTZ
03-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Yay, good times. Just a FYI post, please fix/reboot/whatever you had to do last time. Appreciate the support.

drizzt728
03-27-2009, 11:15 PM
the same thing with me

aafendruid
03-27-2009, 11:28 PM
hmm, it seems my friends and I are getting this problem now also. We were playin fine but I had to restart the server but now no one is able to get back in :(

Aergad
03-27-2009, 11:46 PM
like i said i wouldnt hold your breath its usually down for hours upon hours at a time and all anyone says is to wait all this out till they buy a new server for it there is however another LS that image and devnoob put up obviously characters would have to manually be migrated but it does have far better uptime

Vaile5546
03-28-2009, 12:56 AM
This is getting old with the LS. I only have 4 days until i leave for basic and all I want to do is play! Why can't I do that?

temptrix
03-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Yes... I grow quite weary of not being able to embrace the joy of playing when I have the time. -.- Not sure what the deal is buuuut be nice to have her up and running.

RedOne6969
03-28-2009, 01:15 AM
im having the password issue.... i changed them when told and still getting them today is this same with everyone ealse?

MainMan
03-28-2009, 01:18 AM
AGGGHHH.

I don't mind the event as much; things happen. However, I get really frustrated
at the response time to problems like this. I mean, I understand everyone has a
life, but there should be some sort of mechanism for notifying the powers at
be.. like a phone number or something.

Aztore
03-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Still getting invalid password error on login server 12am saturday morning CST reset password and still same errors =( i just got 65 too and cant play! =p

korrupted211
03-28-2009, 01:27 AM
It's free....you get what you pay for. The people working on eq emu are doing this in their own free time, they ain't getting paid for it. They'll get to it when they can. . .period.

temptrix
03-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Man... seriously. I will totally donate to this if it means it will work... I'm at that point. I wanna play on my EZ :(

yarmond1
03-28-2009, 03:42 AM
It's free....you get what you pay for.

LOL you got that right. But the obvious to this kickback is that they do not except donations. Please move along! You're damned if you're right, you damned if you're wrong on here. Which is it?

trevius
03-28-2009, 04:21 AM
The last update I saw from KLS is that they were in the process of getting the ownership of the current host changed to her so it would finally be managed by active team members (or at least her) so we can at least get it restarted to keep it up as much as possible while they work on a solid permanent solution. The last update I saw was a day or 2 ago, so it should be any time now that the ownership will be changed unless they run into any snags.

After that point, I am sure we should start seeing better uptime almost immediately and once more fixes and new hardware are in place, it should be very reliable. The hard part is getting the actual ownership changed so the team can take control from that point. Once that happens, changes and fixes or even just resets shouldn't take nearly this long.

Aergad
03-28-2009, 05:03 AM
no they force people to basicly use this one ls or minilogin whichnow that devnoob and image have released a new ls and minilogin atleast there are better options.

If they wont release a decent alternative they should atleast make sure that issues like thos dont happen every 24 hours and last nearly as long when they do.

This isnt a new problem its an ongoing one. people dont want to move to devnoobs new server because of character loss (a problem im currently working on a solution for) but this "oh we are terrified there will be forks so everyone has to use a server that doesnt even WORK atleast 75% of the time is just assinine

slynnes
03-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Aergad you sure you aren't deevnob in disguise? Every dam thread somebody complains on you bring up the same crap about a private LS. Enough already! Go and use it then!

clawfoot
03-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Why is it taking so long, though? If all that's needed is for someone to push the restart button, how can the server be down for half a day or more at a time? Aren't there multiple developers with access? Maybe I've got it all wrong.

Slowmotionz_SZ
03-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Its free lol look at all these poeple complaing about a free service, imo u all should just shut up and enjoy the services the team puts on for us, they have lives and familys too, they dont get paid for their services here, half the time I bet they pay out of there own pocket, so we can enjoy playing, they are in the middle of getting it fixed ( let me remind u guys again that this free and and the poeple who run it dont get paid ) Using their OWN time that they dont get PAID for to FIX the login server so we can play for FREE.

Woodstick
03-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Why is it taking so long, though? If all that's needed is for someone to push the restart button, how can the server be down for half a day or more at a time? Aren't there multiple developers with access? Maybe I've got it all wrong.

I could be wrong but I think trevious just said that they are in the middle of handing over the server. He said this just a copule of posts before yours in the very same thread. Does that answer the question?

Aergad
03-28-2009, 09:33 AM
I am using minilogin lol

and guess what since i started i havent had one second of downtime either. And yeah we are complaining because and hers the kicker we are basicly forced into using the public ls or minilogin which has user limits and authetication limits.

Since we are forced to use it we should atleast be able to log into our servers on it, there is no reason whatsoever that any server should be down for more then a couple hours, the server is professionally hosted and one would think that people would be able to get in touch with the person in charge of keeping it running and they could get it fixed with a simple call to tech support.

Couple that with the fact this is a daily recurring issue and yeah it gets really old really quickly to say not be able to test edits to your server because you cant log into it. Or for instance listen to all your players griping at you because the ls is down which you have no control over?

The fact is the LS is broken yeah the server it resides on is old but the server itself is broken its outdated apparently cause noone really maintains it and thus is wide open to attacks that if it was maintained properly wouldnt be an issue.

But instead we have the admin here asking us to foot the bill for a new server and why? a real private ls will never be released in binary or source form by them we will have no control over the server we are being asked to foot the bill for and ontop of that there is no guarentee whatsoever that getting new shiney hardware will fix the problem.

If its attacks its really simple go to your iptables file and BLOCK All the ips at the server level the attacks originate from not hard to do at all... or heres a thought FIX THE CODE So the attacks arent an issue anymore

MarglarTZ
03-28-2009, 02:22 PM
guys, the fixes are already enroute. the best course of action is to just let them know when there's an issue, and be patient.

I don't know what more you could ask. Prior to lately this sort of talk used to be very hush hush or ban happy, they are being VERY open with us and letting us know exactly what's going on.

just show a little patience. thank you devs for all that you are dealing with.

flobinson
03-28-2009, 05:37 PM
I too am still having this problem, however when I created a new login server account I was able to login with no problems.

drizzt728
03-28-2009, 08:48 PM
again?why does this always happen on weekend?

MarglarTZ
03-29-2009, 03:19 AM
I don't think the problem gives a shit about which times we'd like to play at

necron99
03-29-2009, 04:04 AM
I just logged out of the PEQ server .... cries, something told me not to do it.

ClayRupe650
03-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Image / Devnoob has you proposed giving the LS code to the eqemu team and working with them in fixing your LS and developing a way of having a redundancy system for both LS? All administrative functions for the LS server are to my knowledge. Then if the main LS fails again, we can simply chance the LS code in eqhosts.txt?

How far is the Image /devnoob server from being complete?

03-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Image / Devnoob has you proposed giving the LS code to the eqemu team and working with them in fixing your LS and developing a way of having a redundancy system for both LS? All administrative functions for the LS server are to my knowledge. Then if the main LS fails again, we can simply chance the LS code in eqhosts.txt?

How far is the Image /devnoob server from being complete?

Yes I have proposed providing it, I have not heard back about it.

Redundancy-like system we have been talking about but nothing really decided on that.

John Adams
03-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Since this is kinda a ranty thread, and "donations" are brought up - I will cast an opinion once again that Donations are evil. People who donate, normally do so thinking they now have an excuse to demand progress, because they cannot comprehend the donation is not for paying server devs to work harder, but for financing the hardware and web presence to support their addictions.

No devs get "paid" for this stuff. So saying "I donated, so I expect it to work" just shows immaturity and lack of common sense.

Trixiem
03-29-2009, 04:20 PM
thats why there should be an anon donation

ewoldtmark
03-29-2009, 05:00 PM
it still acts wired one minute i can get in and next it tells me my passwords and logins are incorrect. anways I am not complaining just curious when I should be able to play again but if no one knows right now that's fine.

Yeormom
03-29-2009, 05:15 PM
As far as I know, the current 0.7.0 login server has always supported a slave login server option but that relies on connecting to the database remotely and getting additional hardware. The current operation is based on running the project with as little monetary cost as possible, which is going to change soon hopefully.

Ikeren
03-29-2009, 05:19 PM
it still acts wired one minute i can get in and next it tells me my passwords and logins are incorrect. anways I am not complaining just curious when I should be able to play again but if no one knows right now that's fine.

It was working this morning from 10:00 AM to ~1:00PM Pacific Time, then went down. It does work some of the time; you just have to keep checking back.

Hypothermia
03-29-2009, 05:26 PM
It's free....you get what you pay for. The people working on eq emu are doing this in their own free time, they ain't getting paid for it. They'll get to it when they can. . .period.

that's right

wicapirate
03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Dont get me wrong I know nothing about this stuff. And that is why I am asking. LOL I am a programing moron.:D

You guys have taught me how to make my own server, and ,mini-server.

What does it take to make a log in server? Or does giving that infomation break the conitions that make EQEmu possible?

Bob Jackson
03-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Just because he says it every time doesn't mean he's wrong. I happen to think he's prolly on the nail with this one.. Don't bitch at the messengers - fix the *^)%($%&)%)&^ problem. It's been going on this time a LOT longer than it takes to set up a server. ( an you can't cry poverty if you wont accept donations)

BobJ

Iznoa
03-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Login server down? I am the only one who cant get in right now..

Trouble
03-30-2009, 01:58 PM
not the only one who cant get on, i cant get on either :) but oh well it is usually back up within a couple hours.

Draaxman
03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
6 hours and counting?