PDA

View Full Version : Question on new Mini-Login

Angelox
03-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Brought to you by Image and Devn00b.
This new MiniLogin is limited to 20 users authenticated by username/password.
There is also a 3 world limit which is enforced by authorized worlds only (user/pass).

I'm still a bit confused, and need to be clear on this;

by three worlds you mean 3 servers?
and by 20 users you mean 20 accounts per server?

03-28-2009, 11:06 AM
you can use the first 20 account id's in the database, so you are allowed to have a max of 20 database accounts which can login and have their own characters in the world server with user/pass authentication.

The worlds work the same way, you have a max of 3 id's in the database, so a max of 3 servers can authenticate with the user/pass. Please Note: Worlds must authenticate with the new MiniLogin or they won't list on the servers.

Angelox
03-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Sorry I'm so stupid at times, I just get brain damaged of some things - don't know why I can't understand this.
I think I posted a reply in your other thread, that might make sense on what I was needing.

Must be old age!

Hey! but I know "I got my ducks in a row"; My little grandson came in my house the other day (hes a kindergarten'r), He worries about me, so he brought me these small, yellow, marsh-mellow ducks, about 5, all stuck together, all in a row, and said "Grandpaw, this is for you, so you can have all your ducks in a row too!"
Hah! now that I think of it, I bet my son-in-law probably made the comment and the kid heard "That old man don't have all his ducks in a row!" (something he would say) - That's cool, I know my ducks are more in line than he thinks his are :)
Anyway, I got those ducks in the freezer, and hope to live long enough to see that kid turn 15-16 years old, so I can again pull them out of the freezer and say Hey Travis! see? I still got all my ducks in a row!

03-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Its the hip gramps playing the computer games

imbri
03-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Is MiniLogin the only login server option available? I'm wanting to set up a private server, but need more than 20 database users. Is there a way to allow MiniLogin to allow more than 20?

Thanks.

03-28-2009, 09:43 PM
I am looking into it.

imbri
03-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Is there any source available for MiniLogin? I haven't checked the EQEmu source for it yet. It seems like it's just a simple web service. If that's the case, I could probably port / write one in fully managed .Net code if anyone would be interested in that. If there are any specs available for it, I could probably do it without needing the source code.

Aergad
03-29-2009, 12:08 AM
no there is no source available for minilogin nor will there be for security reasons as i understand it, give image time to work out how best to handle his new minilogin im sure we wont have long to wait for a good option