PDA

View Full Version : Login Server Down Again

anubisrwml2
04-05-2009, 01:03 AM
I know the login server went down last night and was down for a few hours - it seems the same has happened once more. Im not the only one right? Seems to be a nightly occurance now.

Isak922
04-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Down for me too =(

japo2336
04-05-2009, 01:34 AM
it seems that it only takes a few hours for the server to be brought up. untill then i can find comfort in cussing up a storm and threatening to go somewhere else.

anubisrwml2
04-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Yawr - kinda annoying when you're trying to work on a server or playing around with friends. Ahh well Ill have to find something else to amuse myself.

kilapuppy54
04-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Hmmm, Is there a new login yet? I know they were talking about making a new login and when they said that it seems that is when the "Username/Password" Issues began..... So Please... If you know the new login, Can I please have it 0_o :P Thanks hehe.

anubisrwml2
04-05-2009, 02:08 AM
I havn't heard of them releasing the new login - as far as we know it was supsosed to be in the test phase but not yet released. If it was, it would have been posted on the main page. At least thats my understanding.

haxnett
04-05-2009, 02:14 AM
weaaaak, I hate this!

Fadedspirit
04-05-2009, 02:25 AM
weaaaak, I hate this!

Be thankful you have anything at all to hate. I'm still stewing over not having a EvEemu or SWGemu fix yet :-x !

drizzt728
04-05-2009, 02:37 AM
so...down again

kilapuppy54
04-05-2009, 02:58 AM
That's what I thought, but I don't see how the LS would be going down if they are working on a NEW hosting server. To me, at least what makes sense to me, is that if they are not connected in any way, and if they are, well, then that just sucks. I hope that they aren't using their website DNS to try to control both, cause that really could cause these issues at hand. I could deal with the server select randomly kicking me out after so long, or it sometimes randomly crashing while selecting a server, but LS being as it is, This is messed up :( I was playing, crashed while zoning, and now can't get back in. Oh, well, hopefully it won't happen tomorrow. EQEmu Squad... Please hurry with the LS issue... :wink: Thanks :wink:

Darinow
04-05-2009, 03:03 AM
My understanding right now is...when the forums/emu site are up,the LS stresses and goes down...theyve had the forums down until they find new web hosting,but as was speculated last night,they are either being brought up for registration purposes..or the host is restarting the site on its own,and it just needs to be taken down again for the LS to kick back into gear. Just be patient,the permanent solution is well on its way.

anubisrwml2
04-05-2009, 03:14 AM
Yeah its been a couple of hours already - this is really hurting server pops too - im halfway tempted to write my own login server for EQ - it can't be all that complicated - just have to check passwords and pass on the connection to the server. Maybe a few other bells and whistles - its tempting the way the stability is so flakey right now.