PDA

View Full Version : LS Passwords

John Adams
04-10-2009, 01:49 PM
In my frantic attempt to reset my 3 loginserver account passwords, either something went wrong or I completely forgot my own passwords. :rolleyes:

I've always been an advocate here of "too bad, so sad, make a new forum account"... but in light of recent hacky events, I am wondering if the admins are kind enough to reset LS Pwds, or if there is a method for us to reset them ourselves yet? I do not see a link to do so.

I'd hate to orphan all my characters because I reset my passwords to something even I don't know... ~wtf~ so what is the general stance on this? Still too bad, so sad?

TIA

Yeormom
04-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Apparently new users are given permission errors when they try to access the login accounts link in the User CP so it's a lose/lose situation regardless of how you look at it right now.

John Adams
04-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Hmm, suspicious I suppose. I am going to lean towards the fact I did not mistype my 3 account pwds twice each during reset, and that the password reset mechanism is broken. Now, I cannot use my accounts associated with my forum account. I do not remember seeing an option to DELETE LS account so I could just start over either.

Would have been nice to hear from someone in control of that after 2 weeks.

04-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Seperate forums from login server imo.

Aergad
04-24-2009, 12:03 PM
that would be a novel idea lol

KLS
04-24-2009, 01:18 PM
The users are being disallowed to create accounts if they don't activate their account with their email. There's no real interface for me to access login accounts sans going in through direct mysql calls.

circuitdragon79
04-24-2009, 01:44 PM
so, how long does an account go without use before its purged from the DB, and thus being able to be reused?

04-24-2009, 01:52 PM
The users are being disallowed to create accounts if they don't activate their account with their email. There's no real interface for me to access login accounts sans going in through direct mysql calls.

I don't understand? So you are saying even though we created login accounts back in 2006 or before, they now need to be re-activated? Is this because of that recent vulnerability issue?

Aergad
04-24-2009, 01:54 PM
come again?

KLS
04-24-2009, 01:55 PM
No it's denying people permission if your forum account is set to not-activated by email to create and attach LS accounts. I'm wondering if people are not getting the email?

circuitdragon79
04-24-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm not, its been a LONG while since my first account was created, and none of my current address work. I assume I had to use an ISP provided address, which now obviously I don't have. But this is what I get for not updating my info. :)

KLS
04-24-2009, 02:17 PM
If someone has a problem with an older account giving you access violations I can fix it without too much trouble if you pm me.

Aergad
04-24-2009, 03:18 PM
or you could just spend the 15 minutes to make a php script to edit old and create new accounts that doesnt rely on the forum account activation process

heck i could even give you the scripts i got for doing the same thing pretty sure the structure aint much different

John Adams
04-28-2009, 01:02 PM
or you could just spend the 15 minutes to make a php script to edit old and create new accounts that doesnt rely on the forum account activation process
You could probably be a little nicer to KLS who is at least trying to understand the problem. Not sure who put you on a pedastal of high-and-mighty...

But KLS, my accounts are an example of 2006 LS accounts that had the pwd changed recently due to "the problem", and now I cannot access those LS accounts at all. If you need my LS IDs, I can PM them. Somehow, I assumed Forum accts were linked to LS accounts or we wouldn't be able to link to them. ;)

Also, a long-overdue solution might be an option to recover/reset LS account passwords. Years now, people have asked for that and it seems simple enough. Maybe just force a "push forum password to LS accounts" option so at least we can gain control and reset our own. We have to know our forum passwords in order to complain about it afterall ;)