PDA

View Full Version : SVN Checkout

WillowyLady
04-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Whats happened to the SVN DB and Quest downloads, it appears they have been moved.

If so, how do we do about downloading officail updates through SVN from new location?

Is there a new checkout path for db and quests available?

So_1337
04-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Honestly, I'm still trying to sort this out myself. I think I finally got it, but it took a lot of repeat attempts at the same thing before it finally happened. Let me explain:

I'll start off by saying that if you're a Linux user, this probably isn't for you. I use Windows, so I grabbed TortoiseSVN and installed it. All of the SVN addresses are listed here (http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7112) by CaveDude, and I tried using them to pull the SVNs. I kept getting repeated "502, bad gateway" errors around 3 PM EDT yesterday for all three of the SVNs. A little while later, I was able to get the EQEmu Code SVN to work, but not the quests or database. Finally, the other two started working. I didn't change much of anything.

So if that's similar to what you're seeing, then at least I'm not alone. If that's nothing like what you've been doing, then hopefully the link above gives you the addresses you needed. If neither, sorry I couldn't help =P

WillowyLady
04-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Ah right, so its just not me. Thought I was cracking up for a bit:D

Thanks, I just seen new entry in Wiki, I'll go read up on it, then have a play around.

Hopefully will be able to pull files down, and update!

WillowyLady
04-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Happy to say,

db
quests
server

All downloaded, one difference was the speed!

I had to look twice as I thought it has missed most of it, it hadn't is was just much faster than CVS.

Cheers, nice work!

drakelord
04-14-2009, 01:22 PM
The google code repository has been a little haywire lately, even with just browsing code on the site. Glad you got it working though