PDA

View Full Version : I just got SOF in the mail.

benp181
04-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone I enjoy this commity allot so far. But I have a kind of stupid question. I brought EQ SOF and I was wondering should I install it now and start using it or should I wait and install it latter?

trevius
04-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Only a few servers are current with the SoF updates and have it enabled. You can install it and use it on any of those servers. Storm Haven stays pretty current, because I use it partially for testing the new SoF fixes to ensure that it works with a full server load. Also, PEQ now has SoF enabled and they stay fairly current as well. So, either of those servers should be very playable on SoF.

I think the best recommendation for now is to install SoF to it's own separate directory. This way, you have Titanium and SoF both installed, so you can use either one. Until SoF is 100% finished, it is probably a good idea to leave Titanium installed. And even after it is finished, it is probably best to keep Titanium until most or all other servers are updated to support SoF as well. All they need to do is update the server code they run (and a few database updates), but many servers don't update very regularly.