PDA

View Full Version : Hanging?

kalo661
04-25-2009, 02:46 PM
So i just came back and seen Raid Addicts works with SoF now, exciting!

So I try install my SoF but it freezes/hangs when It asks me to Insert Disk 2 and I click Ok.

Anyone got an ideas?

trevius
04-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Maybe try cleaning your disc2? Otherwise, maybe search the SOE support site for that issue. I am sure they probably have something about it if it is a common issue.

KingMort
04-26-2009, 02:41 PM
And also just a side note for that it's only like 95% functional atm.... Spells and Discs are having issues.. Guild Manager won't work.. Few other things...

You may want to stick with Titanium until the fine people at the eqemu team resolve that stuff

King Mortenson
Owner - www.raidaddicts.org

kalo661
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Will Do.

I see, I'll give it a shot, might be stuck until i start my graduation project and build a computer myself.

kalo661
05-09-2009, 01:11 PM
So, Looked around, asked them..
Sony's Answer is to download there Launcher, which needs an eq subscription :/
Also, tried to update CD-ROm Drive Drivers, but said they were good.

So, i cant figure out why that prompt freezes.

Shendare
05-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Your drive/driver may be acting particularly temperamental. You could try coaxing it a little...

When you get the prompt to Insert Disc 2, swap out the discs, but don't click OK yet.

Let Disc 2 spin up, then open Windows Explorer (Windows + E) and browse to the drive. Make sure you can see the files on it.

Now, before the disc spins back down, Alt-Tab back to the setup window and click OK.

See if that helps at all.

If it doesn't, you could try copying Disc 2 to your hard drive somewhere (Desktop would be fine), then when setup prompts for the disc, browse to the hard drive location instead.

kalo661
05-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Sadly the first one won't work, but it is being recognized on the drive. But now it won't let me click "browse" that freezes it too.

Shendare
05-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Okay.

Starting with the last disc in the set and working your way back to #1, try copying all of the files from all of the discs into a folder on your hard drive... all of the discs copied into the same destination, allowing files to overwrite when prompted.

Now, run setup.exe from within the folder on your hard drive.

Hopefully, setup will find all of the files it needs right there in the folder, and won't prompt for any disc insertions.

- Shendare

vales
05-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Try downloading the newest InstallShield. There were issues trying to uninstall the game a while back, and downloading the newest version helped uninstall the game completely. In your case, it may help with the installation.

Some other specs for your PC may help as well. Could be motherboard drivers for all we know.

If you bought the retail game, just register your CD Key and download the game from them. It will download the expansions you own that's verified by the CD Key. That may work also.
Register the CD key from the discs to your Station Account using the My Account link at the top of the forums, then download the Station Launcher: h t t p://launcher.station.sony.com/ that will download all of the game files for all expansions you have registered to your account.

kalo661
05-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Okay.

Starting with the last disc in the set and working your way back to #1, try copying all of the files from all of the discs into a folder on your hard drive... all of the discs copied into the same destination, allowing files to overwrite when prompted.

Now, run setup.exe from within the folder on your hard drive.

Hopefully, setup will find all of the files it needs right there in the folder, and won't prompt for any disc insertions.

- Shendare

Genius! :D

It worked, thanks for all your help, really appreciate it :)

Sentrosi01
05-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Mine did this on CD 5. It worked fine on my other computer but I needed it installed on this machine. So I swapped cd-rom drives and the install went smooth.