PDA

View Full Version : Hey anytime i try to log on any server i get destination un reachable errors...

Bellos
05-09-2009, 03:22 PM
In wire shark, i have a capture of my packet info if anyone can help me out.

It says destination unreachable (port unreachable) no matter what server im on

The thing is my pc downstairs can connect with no problem.....

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3769/99588748.jpg

trevius
05-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Sounds like you probably either have your PC downstairs set as a DMZ or you have port forwarding set on your router for port 5998. You do NOT want to use port forwarding for port 5998. There is no need to forward that port if you are only wanting to play and doing so will stop return traffic from coming back to the other PC which that port is not forwarded to.

Verify your router config and remove any port forwarding or DMZ settings you might have that use the EQEmu port ranges.

Bellos
05-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Sounds like you probably either have your PC downstairs set as a DMZ or you have port forwarding set on your router for port 5998. You do NOT want to use port forwarding for port 5998. There is no need to forward that port if you are only wanting to play and doing so will stop return traffic from coming back to the other PC which that port is not forwarded to.

Verify your router config and remove any port forwarding or DMZ settings you might have that use the EQEmu port ranges.

Checked, stopped all the forwarding and DMZ, still the same problem.

Only thing i changed in this PC was i upgraded to dual core, i cant set affinity in windows, ive used other programs to do it, and they made no difference

Possible EQ doesnt support my evga GTX 260 216 video card?

trevius
05-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Did you try reading through the FAQ in my sig to see if it helps with dual core of video card issues?

Also, if you are still getting port unreachable messages, there is probably still something going on in your network. Make sure you checked Port Forwarding AND Port RANGE Forwarding. If that still isn't it, make sure you don't have a firewall running on your PC.

Bellos
05-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Did you try reading through the FAQ in my sig to see if it helps with dual core of video card issues?

Also, if you are still getting port unreachable messages, there is probably still something going on in your network. Make sure you checked Port Forwarding AND Port RANGE Forwarding. If that still isn't it, make sure you don't have a firewall running on your PC.

I did that, updated my drivers, ran straight from the cable modem.

You may need to adjust your Windows Desktop and/or your Everquest Resolution settings.

What should i try adjusting them too?

trevius
05-12-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't have any specific settings that work in all scenarios, I just know people have corrected similar issues by playing with both resolutions on your desktop and in EQ. Maybe try 800X600 in both and see if that works. If that still doesn't work, then it probably isn't a resolution issue. I think normally the resolution thing will cause EQ to crash completely out. Normally having trouble connecting to servers is either a dual core issue or an issue with your version of EQ. If you are not running EQ Titanium, you will not be able to connect to all servers. It has to be a fresh install straight from the discs without any patching at all. Also, Secrets of Faydwer will work on a few servers including PEQ and Storm Haven if you have that instead of Titanium.

Maybe describing your actual symptoms in better detail will help us figure it out. You get logged into the server select screen, then select a server and try to connect to it and the screen goes black and eventually goes back to the Login Screen? If that isn't what happens, please explain exactly what does and any error messages you get.

Bellos
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't have any specific settings that work in all scenarios, I just know people have corrected similar issues by playing with both resolutions on your desktop and in EQ. Maybe try 800X600 in both and see if that works. If that still doesn't work, then it probably isn't a resolution issue. I think normally the resolution thing will cause EQ to crash completely out. Normally having trouble connecting to servers is either a dual core issue or an issue with your version of EQ. If you are not running EQ Titanium, you will not be able to connect to all servers. It has to be a fresh install straight from the discs without any patching at all. Also, Secrets of Faydwer will work on a few servers including PEQ and Storm Haven if you have that instead of Titanium.

Maybe describing your actual symptoms in better detail will help us figure it out. You get logged into the server select screen, then select a server and try to connect to it and the screen goes black and eventually goes back to the Login Screen? If that isn't what happens, please explain exactly what does and any error messages you get.

That is what happens exactly and it happens fairly quick, it doesnt hang at all when it goes black, maybe 1-3 seconds between me clicking join server and it kicking me back to the log on screen.

All my drivers are up to date, how can i disable my audio before getting in game ill try that

Did that with the resolution, and with affinity set to core 0. The install is fresh of the titanium cds with no patching what so ever.

NM turning off sound doesnt help either.

trevius
05-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Does this happen on all servers or have you only been trying 1 particular server? I recommend trying PEQ or Storm Haven as I know for sure those should work perfectly fine. That was we can at least rule out the server as being at fault.

Bellos
05-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Does this happen on all servers or have you only been trying 1 particular server? I recommend trying PEQ or Storm Haven as I know for sure those should work perfectly fine. That was we can at least rule out the server as being at fault.

tried about 7 different ones, including peq, zek, ect..

trevius
05-12-2009, 10:29 PM
What OS are you running? Sounds like it is still some type of port block problem. Are you sure you don't have Windows Firewall running or any other type of program that might block anything at all?

Bellos
05-12-2009, 10:38 PM
What OS are you running? Sounds like it is still some type of port block problem. Are you sure you don't have Windows Firewall running or any other type of program that might block anything at all?

XP 32 bit professional, no firewalls at all, tried with and without DMZ and port forwarding. I have all my updates as well.... lol even turned off my antivirus

trevius
05-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Do you have a wireless NIC on that PC that is enabled and connected to anything?

Bellos
05-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Do you have a wireless NIC on that PC that is enabled and connected to anything?

I have blue tooth but its disabled, i did have a 1394 firewire connection and it said it was connected i just disabled it im gonna try again now

edit no difference

trevius
05-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Do you have any clue what all of that malformed packet junk is that is coming from some 0. address? Are you running P2P or a Torrent on your PC? That stuff will eat up your connections so you can't make more with EQ.

Bellos
05-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Do you have any clue what all of that malformed packet junk is that is coming from some 0. address? Are you running P2P or a Torrent on your PC? That stuff will eat up your connections so you can't make more with EQ.

nope, no p2ps, ill do another capture here tomorrow.