PDA

View Full Version : zone fails to load

bushman77
05-09-2009, 04:53 PM
i am trying to edit spawns and stuff in a specific zone. something happened along the way and now im getting the following error

[Error] Error in LoadSpawn2 query 'SELECT id, spawngroupID, x, y, z, heading, respawntime, variance, pathgrid, _condition, cond_value FROM spawn2 WHERE id=58855
':
Error in LoadZoneState: spawn2_loaded[174] == 0
[Error] Loading zone state failed.
Zone->Init failed
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT_ERR] Zone bootup FAILED!

not really sure what is going on here

Derision
05-09-2009, 05:13 PM
From a quick glance at the code, the way that can fail if is:

SELECT id, spawngroupID, x, y, z, heading, respawntime, variance, pathgrid, _condition, cond_value FROM spawn2 WHERE id=58855

doesn't return exactly one row, i.e. you have no spawn2 entry with id=58855. Don't think it can return more than 1, since id is a primary key.

That query on a standard PEQ DB returns this:

mysql> SELECT id, spawngroupID, x, y, z, heading, respawntime, variance, pathgrid, _condition, cond_value FROM spawn2 WHERE id=58855 ;
+-------+--------------+-------------+-------------+-----------+-----------+-------------+----------+----------+------------+------------+
| id | spawngroupID | x | y | z | heading | respawntime | variance | pathgrid | _condition | cond_value |
+-------+--------------+-------------+-------------+-----------+-----------+-------------+----------+----------+------------+------------+
| 58855 | 48308 | -755.447266 | 1443.891113 | 34.248760 | 90.000000 | 1200 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> quit

bushman77
05-09-2009, 05:27 PM
so is there a way i can stop the zone.exe from even lookfor this entry?? I've changed that id number to a totally differnt number altogether and i dont want the old id even being checked for

bushman77
05-09-2009, 05:33 PM
so is there a way i can stop the zone.exe from even lookfor this entry?? I've changed that id number to a totally differnt number altogether and i dont want the old id even being checked for. This didn't happen with any of the other changes i made to spawns in a zone. (what i was doing was moving all spawngroup, spawnentry and spawn2 id's to a differnt range) this error happened with this last mob spawnpoint i edited.

Derision
05-09-2009, 05:33 PM
try

truncate zone_state_dump;

or set PersistentZoneState to 0 in the variables table.

bushman77
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
that is wonderful. my zone now boots up. what exactly did this command do??

Derision
05-09-2009, 05:49 PM
You had PersistentZoneState set to 1, which saved all the spawns that where up when the zone last closed down. You then must have deleted one of those spawns, and when the zone next booted up, it tried to load the spawn from the last saved state and couldn't find it in the spawn2 table.

The truncate command just cleared out the saved zone state.

EDIT: I missed your post where you changed the spawn IDs, that would cause a mismatch between the spawn tables and the saved zone state which would also cause this problem.