PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to login server

Velika
05-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Hello,

I followed all the steps in the Play Guide and I have checked the FAQs, but I still can't log in. My problem is when I try to log in using my LS account, it always says, "Logging in to the server. Please wait...." forever. It does give a notice when I put an incorrect username or password so this is not the problem. So, is the login server always down? I have tried logging in several random times a day for about two weeks now. What else could be the problem? Please point me to a guide, post, or FAQ if I missed something, though I did try to look up this problem before posting.

Thanks in advance.

Velika
05-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I see that people can still log in and play when the LS is often down. I have never been able to log in and still can't figure out what might be wrong. Tried asking in IRC support once before I even posted the first topic and waited; everyone was AFK. Any ideas before I get rid of Titanium?

trevius
05-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Getting the "Logging in to the server. Please wait...." forever is the exact symptom of what happens when you try to use EQLive with the emulator. If you patched even the littlest bit, then that is your problem. Also, if you have EQ Trilogy installed, then that is your problem. Try uninstalling all EQ from your computer and deleting the directories. Then, install EQ Titanium fresh from the retail CDs and make sure that you do not patch even a little. Then, it should work fine as long as you follow the playguide and get your eqhost.txt file edited properly and your eqgame.exe shortcut created with patchme after it so it loads without patching.

Velika
05-27-2009, 02:28 AM
Getting the "Logging in to the server. Please wait...." forever is the exact symptom of what happens when you try to use EQLive with the emulator. If you patched even the littlest bit, then that is your problem. Also, if you have EQ Trilogy installed, then that is your problem. Try uninstalling all EQ from your computer and deleting the directories. Then, install EQ Titanium fresh from the retail CDs and make sure that you do not patch even a little. Then, it should work fine as long as you follow the playguide and get your eqhost.txt file edited properly and your eqgame.exe shortcut created with patchme after it so it loads without patching.

Thank you very much, Trevius. I will try what you suggested.