PDA

View Full Version : Buidling exe from source

morpheus014
08-11-2002, 08:11 AM
Im using microsoft visual studio 6 enterprise ed. and i have been working on learning c++, so i downloaded the emu source to play around with. Now when i try to build the exe files, it says i am missing .lib files. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Trumpcard
08-12-2002, 01:58 AM
You need to add the lib's to the library path. Under options somewhere.

You'll need the mysql/lib path, and maybe one other, but its been awhile since I compiled so I dont remember real well. If you search the forums, you'll probably find the answer though, I remember answering this question before.

Shawn319
08-12-2002, 05:50 AM
You need zlib also. http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/src/zlib114.zip

morpheus014
08-12-2002, 09:20 AM
Hmm its saying that i need these lib files:
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex
libcd.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main

*EDIT*
These lib files are result of build attempt for other program, see last post, eqemu source gets similar errors- missing lib files even with zlib

morpheus014
08-14-2002, 11:12 AM
This is driving me crazy some 1 please help!

Lurker_005
08-14-2002, 02:35 PM
Take a look in the dev forum, there is a reacent post listing what needs to be done to compile in dev studio 6.0 Anything beyond that is not normal. Post the complete compile message and what version of the source your using.

morpheus014
08-15-2002, 12:49 PM
Im beginning to think that it is my computer/version of MS VC++6. I installed it with a friend's cd and didnt install any of the other options such as the MSDN library, which i think may be causing the problem. I didnt install them b/c I didnt think I would be doing anything with C++ anytime soon that would use any of those lib files, but I guess that is what is causing the problem. I tried to build from the source files from www.eqemu.org, tried the world and login server source, neither complied, as well as a couple of the other progams listed there, just to see if it was VC++ or the emu source.. not sure where to go from here since my friend lives in flordia now and I cant exactly get the CD back =P below is exact post from one of the complie attempts from one of the programs on the eqemu.org list...
-------------------------------------------------

--------------------Configuration: ItemEditor - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex
libcd.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/ItemEditor.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

ItemEditor.exe - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)

kathgar
08-16-2002, 05:04 AM
Uhh.. thats the ItemEditor "hack" that you pulled from eqemu.org when Lyenu h0sed the domain. its fucked, and its not EQEmu

morpheus014
08-16-2002, 09:45 AM
I know I tried it just to see if it was my lib files or not, i got build errors with emu source as well