PDA

View Full Version : Updating Debian Server

Xelaan
05-21-2009, 08:57 AM
So I was wandring through the changelog on the SVN and I saw a couople bug fixes and enhancements since I installed.

I just wanted to check in withthe experts before I did anything.

To update I download the new SVN and recompile.

Then I run the changes needed for the SQL (if any).

Should that be it? That should create the new executables and the links should remain active, I think.

- On a second note, since I am recompiling for the updates, how do I enable bots in the game? Is it something simple or horribly complex? :-)

Thanks again for all the help.

ndnet
05-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Switching the bot code in consists of adding a flag to the compile process. Check the makefiles and add -DEQBOTS in the section with the other -D flags.

Additionally (and this may be what you meant by downloading the new one), if you've got the SVN checked out in a folder already ( via 'svn co http://blahURLhereIforgetWhereItWas' ) then you can just run 'svn up' and go from there.

About your links and whatnot. If your current binaries are in the same place that the compile process puts them then your new binaries should overwrite the old ones and any links you made oughta be okay. If you copied them out of the folder to somewhere else, though, you'll have to redo that.

Xelaan
05-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the help. I added the -DEQBOTS on all of the make files I could find and everything compiled ok the SVN update was much easier than reloading everything. :-) Thanks for that as well.

Regarding bots. I see the Aediles Thrall NPC in the bazaar (hidden back with the horses in the stables). When I hail him he says "eh? Mind yer own business, go away!"

I am level 44 so he should be willing to deal with me. Any ideas?

Did I load the quests incorrectly maybe? The guides were iffy on the proper way to load them. basically I downloaded them with SVN then I linked the quests directory to my server directory so under /server there is a /server/quests directory. Is there something else i need to do to activate them?