PDA

View Full Version : zone_id 'n' not found in database

John Adams
05-23-2009, 01:21 PM
I attempted to update to the latest SVN + PEQ DB (system only) last week. What I did was compile 553 (I think it was), then point it to a new PEQ DB I sourced in. I moved my "player" data to this new DB, then applied all patches in the 'updates' folder. Lots of errors, because I had been manually applying patches through 443 (the current working version on my server). When I got all done, I had this odd problem everytime I or someone else tried to log in. World reported that it could not find the zone_id for the character currently trying to log in.

Now, disclaimer that I have not been following the tremendous amount of work you all have been doing, so I am not sure what zone_id it is looking for... in the zone table, the zoneidnumber definitely exists. One other problem that I solved had something to do with instZOrgID and flag... the Rev59 file adds them, but a Rev535.sql later, removed them. But the world wanted them... so, I put them back. Where I come from, 59 comes before 535, so I was >assuming< I applied these updates in the right order ;)

Anyway, long story short, I cannot log in after updating to the latest SVN.

So, the grand question is: If I am using SVN for code, should I NOT be using PEQ DB updates to update the DB for said code? Cuz, I think that's where I went wrong.

TIA,
J

cavedude
05-23-2009, 01:25 PM
PEQ is currently setup for the instance branch (Of which I recommend trying out as it really works amazingly well!) It is not compatible with the trunk. If you want to continue to use PEQ with the trunk, then you need to use the updates on the EQEmu SVN. If you want to use the instance branch, then PEQ's SVN is all you need.

WillowyLady
05-23-2009, 02:22 PM
JA, I had same issue

Source in following, work for you?

==
INSERT INTO variables VALUES ('curInstFlagNum', 2000, 'Determines what instance flag will be handed out next', '2008-09-05 04:46:47');
INSERT INTO variables VALUES ('dfltInstZflag',1000, 'Used to determine if a zone is instanced, must be 1000 or greater', '2008-09-05 04:46:47');
==

John Adams
05-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Ahh, that explains it Cavedude. Thanks, I will check out the instance branch today.

Thanks Willow. I must have missed an update somewhere.