PDA

View Full Version : Still going to live

Kornaki
05-25-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm operating on 32 bit vista, and I have another copy of everquest installed on my computer with all the expansions on it.

I go to my newly installed copy of titanium, fix the eqhost.txt file, make a shortcut with the shortcut change as per the wiki... and it still opens up the normal eq patcher/SOE live deal. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Andrew80k
05-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Since you have multiple versions of EQ installed make sure you are modifying/using the correct shortcut. And since they are installed in different directories make sure you are changing the right eqhost.txt file.

Kornaki
05-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I triple checked all of that before posting. When I run the titanium one, that patcher tries to start up an eight hour patch, so I know I'm loading up the right version of the game

Shendare
05-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Your shortcut's "Target" box should contain exactly the following:

"C:\[Wherever-You-Installed-Titanium]\eqgame.exe" patchme

Substituting the C:\[Wherever...] with the drive and directory path.

It sounds like your shortcut is opening EverQuest.exe instead, or doesn't specify the patchme argument correctly (no dash or slash, no quotes around it).

- Shendare

Kornaki
05-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Whoops... yeah, it was everquest.exe. Pretty bad on my part. Thanks for the help, I've got it working now!

Kornaki
05-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Ok, so I got EQemu to work, but when I booted up my SOE EQ version, it started patching the files in Program File\Everquest (the titanium copy) instead of Program Files\Sony\Everquest (my original EQ version with all the expansions on it).

This is.. well, this is obviously problematic since I'm not going to reinstall titanium every time I want to play EQemu (mostly want to do eqemu for a classic server, but not to replace all my EQ playing).

trevius
05-25-2009, 09:30 PM
You can have 2 separate installations in 2 separate directories like that. You just need to make sure that your shortcuts are pointing to the right places. It is a good idea to rename the shortcut for EQEmu so you know which is which. Then, just verify that the targets are going to the correct places. Your EQLive shortcut should point to everquest.exe and your EQEmu shortcut should point to eqgame.exe with the patchme option at the end. And of course, those should be in 2 separate directories. This works just fine. I have 4 separate installations and versions (1 Titanium, 1 EQLive, 2 SoF test/public) setup on my PC with no problems at all :P