PDA

View Full Version : Fear Pathing

provocating
05-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I read a while back that fear pathing had been fixed. Are there some zones it does not work on ? I was in Lavastorm and the monsters said the fear spell hit, but they continued to fight.

KLS
05-28-2009, 10:00 PM
If the map file is bad it wont work.

provocating
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah I was thinking toward the map file too. I think I got them off of SVN recently though, but that is probably where I need to look.

trevius
05-29-2009, 04:09 AM
Also, there are a few fear related rules, which if not enabled or set correctly, can cause fear not to work at all. Here are the default values from ruletypes.h:

RULE_BOOL ( Combat, EnableFearPathing, true)
RULE_INT ( Combat, FleeHPRatio, 25)
RULE_BOOL ( Combat, FleeIfNotAlone, false)

If you have EnableFearPathing set to false, mobs won't fear path, and if you have FleeHPRatio set too low, they won't fear path either.

Edit: On second thought, even though fleeing does use fear pathing, it doesn't have anything to do with actual fear spells. Only the EnableFearPathing rule would effect that.

KLS
05-29-2009, 04:16 AM
It really sounds like a bad map, the instant fear wearing off is part of the fear code if it can't find a suitable node to run to. azone used to have trouble reading zones like lavastorm so if the map's old enough it might be problematic. In fact I believe lavastorm was one of the maps I initially presented to derision as being problematic when he was working on that stuff.

Derision
05-29-2009, 04:28 AM
Isn't there two versions of lavastorm, an S3D and an EQG ? Need to make sure the .map corresponds to the version of the zone you are using.

KLS
05-29-2009, 04:45 AM
^that too.

Asram
05-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Just re-did Lavastorm.s3d map and added to svn (rev 25). Let me know if it helps. There are only 12 or so models in lavastorm, but adding the 3 rock models might hopefully help.

provocating
05-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Ahh cool. I plan on playing tonight and will try this out.