PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Game crashes!

Xdancp
05-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Hello all, I just installed EQ and did everything correctly. Changing the target destination and all that. But when i double click on the icon to start the game, the screen turns black for about 5 seconds and then nothing happens. No error message, game doesnt start, nothing..... Any ideas why?

Xdancp
06-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Nobody knows why this is doing this?

vales
06-03-2009, 02:58 PM
How about giving us more info about your system? You're asking us to troubleshoot something we have no knowledge about without any supporting info.

trevius
06-03-2009, 04:52 PM
If the game fails to start, you might try changing game or desktop resolutions, or maybe try some of the multi-core CPU solutions in the FAQ in my sig. It could also be that you have an issue with Directx, or not enough RAM or any other number of problems that can cause similar issues. Though, most of the time, you should get some type of error message. Maybe try looking in your Everquest/Logs/ folder and open the DBG (debug) file which will tell you a bit of info on why it crashed.

Xdancp
06-03-2009, 04:54 PM
System specs. AMD athlon quad core, 6 gigs of ram, geforce 9800 gtx video card, 640 gig hard drive, windows vista professional 64bit.

vales
06-03-2009, 05:32 PM
You're running pretty much what I am aside from the CPU. Have you updated your videocard drivers? The latest WHQL is 185.85. I'm running 182.50 because my SLi setup doesn't like the .85's.

Also, I know that DirectX 10 is backwards compatable, but you might want to install the latest DirectX 9.0c that was released in March.

Are you overclocking as well? There was a guy that was overclocking and couldn't get into the game because of it.

agafaba
06-12-2009, 02:22 AM
I am having the same issue, I followed the instructions exactly and when I try to open the game it starts but then after a few seconds of darkness it closes and doesnt give any reason why.

I have core 2 duo running at 3.2GHz (OCed, but never an issue with any other application and its been tested for stability)
4GB ram
8800GT
Windows XP

For some reason Everquest wont load (regardless of what resolution I have Everquest at) when my desktop resolution is set to 1680 x 1050. I lowered the resolution of my desktop to 1280 x 1024 and it works now.

Funny how I came here for an answer to my problem and while typing this solved it, hopefully this helps you as well.