PDA

View Full Version : another empty server list problem

Zanzabarr80
06-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi, I've searched the forums, and it seems over the months many people have had the same problem as I have, in seeing an empty server list, but pretty much none of them have been able to resolve the problem.

Just the other day I got my titanium CD's out and installed the game on my laptop (I had uninstalled years ago), and changed the host text file, and made the proper shorcut to eqgame to avoid patching. I am able to login to the server select screen on all three of my accounts with no problems, but the server list remains blank no matter how many times I do so, and after a while of sitting there I time out.

I am on a non-wireless router connection, though I have tried connecting straight to the cable modem.. disabling norton antivirus, and router port forwarding to no avail. I even tried deleting eq titanium and reinstalling it to no success.

No other online games have had any problems working on this machine. Does anyone have any idea at all why I can't see any servers? It is not my computer being under load, as I have nothing else running and everquest runs great on this computer. My internet is fairly fast as well. Logging in and out 400 times doesn't do anything either.

Please help, I was really looking forward to playing on the tallon / vallon pvp server.

Also, when I am at the blank server select screen, it scrolls saying I have 25 of 25 expansions (even though there are only 15 in live?) , but then only lists the 10 that come with titanium followed by .........

501st
06-05-2009, 12:37 AM
I'm not so sure if this is the same for you but when this happens to me all i have to do is exit Everquest completely and start up again. Sometimes it connects to fast or something and the server list won't populate and starting the game over (or in some cases just logging out and back in) should fix the problem. If that doesn't fix it then i don't know.

ccody1025
06-07-2009, 12:48 AM
The only way ive seem to be able to fix it is to just exit and reload as stated abve...I dont always have to completely exit, just log out then back in, somtimes it takes multiple tries, but its the only way ive found to fix it.

Ozst420
07-22-2009, 07:48 PM
I had this problem happening to me, no matter what the servers would not show up. Turns out my cable modem was old (9 years). So i got my ISP to swap it for a new one and everything works great....hope this helps.

cyferredrose
10-18-2010, 10:57 PM
thanks,
i have been having the same problem and i will try logging in and out until it works. i have been rebooting my lappy but nothing changes. Maybe my inet is just crappy.

csb4623
10-20-2010, 12:38 AM
All I have to do is exit a restart, and it fixes the problem.